Author Topic: Holster Questions  (Read 13627 times)

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
Re: Holster Questions
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2012, 03:31:49 PM »
:o Whats wrong with a GLOCK???

What's wrong with a Glock?!?!?

Where do I start???

They don't have any safety. And are unsafe.

They go off all by themselves.

They are plastic and can go through metal detectors.

People always shoot themselves with them.

They aren't ergonomically fit for anyone's hands.

They are prone to FTF from limp wristing.

They aren't accurate.

Did I mention they don't have any safety? And that they go off all by themselves?

I never carry mine with any bullets in it. I don't want to shoot myself or anyone else. In fact I have mine completely disassembled with all the parts stored in different locations throughout the country to avoid any negligent discharges.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2012, 03:32:31 PM »
Opps. I forgot to use purple.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline Bronson

« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2012, 07:39:35 PM »
Not very good retention on these. You wear these OC?

Yes.  I have tried all of the wonder holsters (Serpa, Safariland, etc) and have not been happy.  Once I get my workbench straightened around and get some others made that I've promised I'll make a holster with an old fashioned thumb break.  Until then, that's what I carry with.

Bronson
Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. – Thomas Paine

Offline Denistonzp

• First Name (Displayed): Zach
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2012, 07:56:19 PM »
http://www.glocktech.com/reviews/review_images/regulator_G27.JPG
http://www.ubgholsters.com/bonneville.jpg
Not very good retention on these. You wear these OC?

I wish I had something like that. I'm using an Uncle Mikes atm. Doesn't look half as good as that one.  :'(

Offline METL

« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2012, 12:52:27 PM »

I wouldn't want to use a dropleg...   though anyone can feel free to, especially if they are OCing without CPL in winter...  to make extra sure coat doesnt' cover it.  A lot of people willl think you are a "tactical tommy" wannabe if you have a drop leg...  also the firearm will get noticed a lot more.

Well one thing you could do is add some washers between the paddle and the body of the holster...  thus making more distance between the butt of the gun (while in the holster) and your body...  more room for your coat to stick in there.

Yes, I certainly see your point and don't want to use a drop-leg holster for the same reasons.  But is there another way you could OC during the winter?  Besides constantly checking your coat, I mean.  I cannot get a CPL until I'm 21, which will be in a little over two years.  And I am certain there are others in the same boat.

Offline Glock19

« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2012, 07:01:21 PM »

Where do I start???

They aren't accurate.

Did I mention they don't have any safety? And that they go off all by themselves?

I never carry mine with any bullets in it. I don't want to shoot myself or anyone else. In fact I have mine completely disassembled with all the parts stored in different locations throughout the country to avoid any negligent discharges.

i carry mine LOADED everyday.. never had a problem with it going off by itself.. there is a safety its called your FINGER!!! its is not all plastic... never had a problem with accuraccy but then i shoot funny anyway. everyone has there own preference, i like my glock but like most of you i have a lot o friends who dont. to each his/her own... and why are you worried about metal detectors??? and for the people that shoot themselves, well that just pure stupidity! don't point it at yourself (kinda common sense)....

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2012, 09:12:56 PM »

Where do I start???

They aren't accurate.

i carry mine LOADED everyday.. never had a problem with it going off by itself.. there is a safety its called your FINGER!!! its is not all plastic... never had a problem with accuraccy but then i shoot funny anyway. everyone has there own preference, i like my glock but like most of you i have a lot o friends who dont. to each his/her own... and why are you worried about metal detectors??? and for the people that shoot themselves, well that just pure stupidity! don't point it at yourself (kinda common sense)....

I guess you're one of the lucky ones. I would NEVER even have ammo in the same state as my Glock. I read all about them from all of the "Glock Experts" over at MGO.

Offline Shadow Bear

• Dark Lord of the Internet
  • MOC Member
  • Human Rights Activist
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2012, 10:51:23 PM »

Where do I start???

They aren't accurate.

Mine are apparently defective..... :o
Its not GUN rights, its HUMAN rights.

Offline Nav0341

• First Name (Displayed): Jeff
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2012, 04:01:51 PM »
Yeah I know this is an older post... (just going through and reading up on what's been posted so far to see if any of my questions may have been answered.)

For the sake of the OP, you will get many different recommendations when it comes to holsters. It is also safe to suggest that you will acquire a number of holsters to fit different scenarios. I personally have 3 right now. I have a leather holster similar to the one listed, but it is brown (matches my shoes and belt, for "dressier" occasions.) I have a tuckable holster similar to the CrossBreed, but made by Galco, I really like this style for CC'ing. And then I have my trusty Blackhawk paddle holster (can also be attached as a belt holster) which I absolutely love. It is so comfortable, has adequate retention, and it holds on to your pants / shorts / belt in such a way that I have even carried it without wearing a belt on shorts such as board shorts (type of swim trunks). I do want to get simplified "IWB" (in the wasteband) holster for when I need to conceal (at work), KingTuk is great but I am limited to its placement.

I'm actually kind of hoping there is a hint of sarcasm when it comes to the Glock. I know not everyone has their preferences, but with that being said.

-If I load my Glock and set it on the table, it will NEVER go off all by it's self.

-They can't go through metal detectors, yes the frame is made out of a type of nylon plastic BUT good luck getting the rest of the gun through.

-They have 3 internal safeties, which many others do as well such as S&W M&P.

-safe action.... the striker cannot physically strike the back of the round without the trigger being pulled. there is a cyclinder in the way.

-Accuracy = combat weapon vs competition weapon. Big difference.

-FTF from limp wristing = don't limp wrist, I've only put about 2,000 rounds through mine so far and shot every possible way I can think of including purposely limp wristing. I have not had one issue other than different scenarios affecting my accuracy in different ways.

-Ergonomics, this is probably one of the number one reasons other than caliber that people choose different guns.... some things feel better in the hands of others. I honestly can't stand my wife's S&W .38 Special. Fun to shoot, but HATE how it feels in my hands. She LOVES it.

I thought a lot of these things when I first started looking for a firearm. Honeslty by do my homework, as well as actually shooting them, I was converted. LOL I was originally dead set on a Springfield XD (still a VERY nice weapon, and I may pick one up someday)

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2012, 04:15:29 PM »
I'm actually kind of hoping there is a hint of sarcasm when it comes to the Glock. I know not everyone has their preferences, but with that being said.

Purple is the universal color for sarcasm on MGO and MOC's Forum ;)
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline Nav0341

« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2012, 04:56:50 PM »
LOL... good to know!

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2012, 10:44:26 AM »
If I load my Glock and set it on the table, it will NEVER go off all by it's self.
Says you.

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
Holster Questions
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2012, 10:56:39 AM »
FWIW, I understand a chambered gun (any) is a not-so-nice thing in a house fire.
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline Nav0341

« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2012, 11:36:05 AM »
I guess that's where specifics come in to play. ;) I should have said, without any kind of interaction from outside forces. Albeit this is pretty much the case for any "modern" firearm.

Now that I know purple = sarcasm, everything makes perfect sense, which I kinda had a feeling that was what the post was implying. However, I have many gun owners amongst my family and friends. It seems as if some think I have done the 2 worst things you could ever do as a parent with young children in the house. 1) Own a Pit Bull, 2) Own and EDC a Glock (in which case almost all of those points come up).