Author Topic: Open Carry rally in Birmingham June 11th.  (Read 4451 times)

Offline s_a_c

Open Carry rally in Birmingham June 11th.
« on: May 18, 2012, 01:38:39 AM »
As you may know an 18 year old who was legally carrying an M1 in Birmingham was illegally arrested. He broke no law, but he was arrested, and his rifle confiscated anyway because the police did not personally approve. Well that's not all, a liberal prosecutor has decided to pursue false charges against him for political reasons. He was illegally arrested, had his rifle illegally confiscated, was illegally imprisoned, and is now facing trial on false charges so the prosecutor, and city can make a political point, and they are deliberately dragging it out to try to bankrupt the kid, and intimidate him in to just giving in.

Weather you support long gun carry, or not (for an 18-20 year old that does not have a private seller willing to sell them a handgun, the only choice they have if they want a firearm for self defense is to carry a long gun.) what the police, city, and prosecutor have done, and are doing is not only wrong but illegal.

That's why on June 11th their is going to be an open carry rally in Birmingham to support him.  They may have illegally arrested one man, but lets see them arrest all of us! They need to be told in no uncertain terms that illegal behavior under the color of law will NOT be tolerated!

The rally will be in Shain Park June 11th from about 4:00-4:30 to 7:15, and be followed by a march through the streets of Birmingham to the City Council Meeting at 7:30, where we will express our displeasure at the illegal, and immoral actions of the city, and it's employees, and the continued persecution of an innocent Law Abiding American Citizen at the hearings of the public.

I believe Pizza, and pop will be provided by one of the attendees (Glock9mmOldStyle said he would on OCDO), but bring food with you if you like.

Remember be as polite, professional, and courteous as always, we are in the right here.

The original incident obviously involved long gun OC, but per forum rules such talk should be restricted to PM's.

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
Open Carry rally in Birmingham June 11th.
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2012, 08:56:19 AM »
Let's please keep this thread away from LGOC discussion to the fullest extent possible beyond what has already been said. Moderators will use their discretion on regulating the direction of this thread.
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline kryptonian

• First Name (Displayed): dave
Re: Open Carry rally in Birmingham June 11th.
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 09:09:42 AM »
i have OC in birmingham a few times in view of BPD without incident or comment either from them or citizens. thought they were on board with it.
i don't fear the barking dog...i'm scared of the quiet dog

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2012, 06:27:36 PM »
I may have missed it, but is there a defense fund set up for him?

Offline venator

• MOC Member
    • My Parents Open Carry book order
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2012, 02:27:54 PM »
I may have missed it, but is there a defense fund set up for him?
Citizens League for Self Defense is looking into this.  They have been in some discussion with the guys attorney.  The attorney hopes the charges will be dropped before the rally.
Family book on OPEN CARRY go to: http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/
Looking forward to having more smites than posts.  Thanks all.
The above are my opinions only.  Please seek an attorney concerning all questions of law.