Author Topic: What DO you tell the police?  (Read 6020 times)

Offline Towanda

What DO you tell the police?
« on: May 16, 2012, 06:45:49 PM »
Mods, feel free to move this if it's in the wrong section.

So...we've all seen the videos about not talking to police. If you do have to shoot someone in defense of yourself or another, though, and you have to call 911, what do you say to the dispatcher?

Offline Shadow Bear

• Dark Lord of the Internet
  • MOC Member
  • Human Rights Activist
Its not GUN rights, its HUMAN rights.

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
Re: What DO you tell the police?
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2012, 09:27:41 PM »
Don't say anything without your lawyer present. You just may have to spend the night in jail. But that is far better than having your own words help to convict you and send you to prison.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline Towanda

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2012, 03:07:13 PM »
Don't say anything without your lawyer present. You just may have to spend the night in jail. But that is far better than having your own words help to convict you and send you to prison.
So...what do you say to the 911 dispatcher, who you are presumably talking to before your lawyer arrives?

Offline Shadow Bear

• Dark Lord of the Internet
  • MOC Member
  • Human Rights Activist
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2012, 03:38:46 PM »
So...what do you say to the 911 dispatcher, who you are presumably talking to before your lawyer arrives?

There's been A shooting, please send an ambulance and officer to [address]
My name is [insert name here], my number is xxx-xxx-xxxx.

Don't say 'I' did anything. Watch the video for what to do when the officer arrives. Expect a crowd.
Its not GUN rights, its HUMAN rights.

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2012, 06:44:44 PM »

There's been A shooting, please send an ambulance and officer to [address]
My name is [insert name here], my number is xxx-xxx-xxxx.

Don't say 'I' did anything. Watch the video for what to do when the officer arrives. Expect a crowd.

^^^THIS^^^ And NOTHING more than ^^^THIS^^^
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 07:02:34 PM by CV67PAT »
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan

Offline drtodd

• MOC Member
  • MOC Charter Member
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2012, 04:46:46 PM »
All that I would say is that there has been a shooting and where I am. I would keep the phone connected after I state this.
"The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime." Miller v. U.S. 230 F 486 at 489

"Where rights as secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no rule making or legislation which will abrogate them." Miranda v. Ariz., 384 U.S. 436 at 491 (1966).