Author Topic: New Member - Redford  (Read 4182 times)

Offline Nav0341

• First Name (Displayed): Jeff
New Member - Redford
« on: July 17, 2012, 03:37:28 PM »
I really don't know what took me so long to sign up here. I've known of this site just as long as I've known about OpenCarry.org. Anyhow, I just signed up for paid membership and I am happy to be on board.

I'm Jeff, I live in Redford with my wife and 3 children: Kennadie (8), AJ (6 almost 7), and Danny (2 1/2). I have been OC'ing since I purchased my pistol, and it has been a great experience thus far. My wife is still learning and getting comfortable with it though. All 3 of my kids are very involved with firearms and are learning both safe handling as well as marksmanship. My youngest is still a bit young, but he likes to watch me clean my guns lol.

I am currently a graphic / web designer for a local company here in Redford called The Burn Machine. We design, develop, and manufacture our own line of workout equipment. I am looking into potentially making a career change into law enforcement, although it seems more law enforcement are being laid of than hired.

I enjoy pretty much anything that has to do with the outdoors: rustic camping, hunting, fishing, fly fishing, swimming, canoeing, kayaking, etc etc. I also enjoy photography!!! I am a big fan of UFC, and have had a chance to meet many of the top fighters through my line of work.

Looking forward to getting to know the rest of you!

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
Re: New Member - Redford
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 03:39:47 PM »
Hey Jeff!

Just so you know, we have a dinner coming up in the down river area in the very near future.  Maybe we'll see you there?

http://forums.michiganopencarry.org/index.php/topic,1892.0.html
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline Shadow Bear

• Dark Lord of the Internet
  • MOC Member
  • Human Rights Activist
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2012, 03:49:53 PM »
Welcome from the West Side (the Best Side)!
Its not GUN rights, its HUMAN rights.

Offline Nav0341

• First Name (Displayed): Jeff
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2012, 04:06:14 PM »
Yes sir, I am planning on bringing my wife and children as well. It will be REALLY good for her as she is still getting used to "carrying" period. Right now she just carries around the house and yard since she is a stay at home mom.

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2012, 04:18:43 PM »
Welcome from Okemos!

Offline emcee101

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2012, 10:27:26 PM »
Welcome from Westland, right around the corner from ya!
"That the people have a Right to mass and to bear arms; that a well regulated militia composed of the Body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper natural and safe defense of a free State..."

- George Mason

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2012, 12:49:03 PM »
One of our -- popular -- posters, CV67PAT, is retired Navy.  You should talk to him sometimes.
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).