Author Topic: CPL in Monreo County----How long to get?  (Read 3006 times)

Offline grampajeep

CPL in Monreo County----How long to get?
« on: May 20, 2012, 01:50:04 PM »
Does anyone know how long it takes to get a CPL in Monroe County?

I got mine 3 yrs. ago so I don't remember.
My son took his paperwork in on Mar. 31 and is still waiting.

Gerry

Offline onnie0047@gmail.com

• MOC Leadership
    • Randys Old Time Radio Shows
Re: CPL in Monreo County----How long to get?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 12:24:07 AM »
my last one took 45 days only because I sat in on the board meetings from the time I filed it to the time they got it.  I had someone  from a different state criminal record come up on my record  and they were too lazy to look and notice that while we had the same name, his legal first name was not my first name, his was the shorten version and while the birth day was the same he as 4 years older than me, not to mention I was WHITE and he was not!  And the most important part, he was currently in prison! 

figure 40 days or so and remember the law has now changed, CPLs are good for 5 years from I believe the date you first filed them, mine file date also my issue date is October, so I do believe October  (my b day is feb) will be the date  its expires under the new law on my NEXT cpl, as of now it expires on my b day but when i renew in 2015 it will fall to the october date

if I am wrong someone will chime in I am sure
I am not a Cop, nor a Lawyer, not even a Medical Doctor, but I did once play a Klingon at Universal Studios!

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
CPL in Monreo County----How long to get?
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2012, 12:39:01 AM »
That's not entirely true. You're renewed CPL does not take effect until the day after your old CPL expired. This means that your renewed CPL is good for five years.

Your first time CPL still expires on your fifth birthday. Therefore, if it is issued two days before your birthday, it is only good for four years and two days.
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).