General Category > General Discussion

Tell us about your bad CPL Class

(1/3) > >>

TheQ:
Many CPL instructors in Michigan are sub-par.  Did you have one of them?  Tell us about it here.

Be sure to include:

1. Date you took the class.
2. Instructor's Name (Along with any assumed/business names)
3. What company (if any) the Instructor works for.
4. The name of the lawyer/law enforcement officer that taught the class.
5. How was the lawyer/LEO?
6. How was the instructor?
7. What was the worst part of the class?

Please be detailed.

ken243:
After being in the sand box for a couple years I let my CPL expire. (No reciprocity in the middle east FYI  ;D) I attended a CPL class this past Saturday at Advanced Ranges in Burton. Instructor was Jeff and I don't remember his last name. The legal was covered by the instructor. Legal part was good but I think it could have been a little more detailed. I.E. steps on what to do if one is involved in a shooting could have been more clear. This I believe was the "worst" part of the class but nothing I would call bad. There is not thread for good CPL classes so here I am hijacking, sorry Q.

The instructor was good and funny enough, a good deal of time was spent explaining open carry along with open carry in PFZ's with a CPL. WIN. Maybe this is a sign the word is getting out in to the main stream a little more. All of the people in the 10 person class never before heard of open carry and were further surprised that one must OC in PFZ's with a CPL. I mentioned MOC in the class. Hope to see some new users here...

TheQ:
See this thread for Port City Pistols in Muskegon:

http://forums.michiganopencarry.org/index.php/topic,2392

Instructors provided inaccurate information and negative opinions about Open Carry.  You may wish to take your class elsewhere.

TheQ:
A CPL class was chronicled here:

http://forums.michiganopencarry.org/index.php/topic,2636.0.html

birddseedd:

--- Quote from: TheQ on May 21, 2012, 12:28:34 AM ---Many CPL instructors in Michigan are sub-par.  Did you have one of them?  Tell us about it here.

Be sure to include:

1. Date you took the class.
2. Instructor's Name (Along with any assumed/business names)
3. What company (if any) the Instructor works for.
4. The name of the lawyer/law enforcement officer that taught the class.
5. How was the lawyer/LEO?
6. How was the instructor?
7. What was the worse part of the class?

Please be detailed.

--- End quote ---

Guy didnt seem to think the constitution could override laws, he was quite anti OC

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version