Author Topic: Our Success in Michigan Open Carry, Inc.  (Read 3050 times)

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
Our Success in Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
« on: June 03, 2012, 05:50:22 PM »
All,

I wanted to share a story with you that occurred today at my gun range.  A person who I've spoken to on MGO (http://migunowners.com) and lives in my neighborhood stopped and talked to me as I was leaving.  A mutual friend of ours pointed me out to him -- we had never previously met.

Him and I spoke for a few minutes.  He told me he used to not be a fan of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. and open carry in general.  He didn't say it, but one could guess he may have been one of the people on MGO that say open carriers are "in your face".  Anyhow, he said because of the hard work we've put into SB 59 and what we've done to try to improve concealed carry has changed his perspective on our organization and open carry.  He's now supportive -- even if he doesn't open carry himself.

I just wanted to pass this story on to you so you know this: WE ARE MAKING A DIFFERENCE.  Open Carry *IS* becoming more accepted because of our work.

I'd like to thank everyone who has helped us get here and those who are presently helping us move forward.  We couldn't have done it without you.

Thank you!

Phillip Hofmeister
President
Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).