Author Topic: Senate Bill 761: Lower pistol length definition to 26 inches  (Read 12014 times)

Offline Super Trucker

• MOC Member
Re: Senate Bill 761: Lower pistol length definition to 26 inches
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2012, 07:15:42 PM »
Who said registration was going away?
Do you honestly feel that a real concealed weapon license is going to happen in this state?

Offline Hammurabi

« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2012, 10:31:32 PM »
To my knowledge, no one here has said that. Between registration being itself unjust and that we have better things to put state funds toward, it's a wonder that this remains.

Do you honestly feel that a real concealed weapon license is going to happen in this state?
Why not?
It is not quite constitutional carry, but it would preserve the current ability to legally carry, in a vehicle or concealed, the weapons affected by this bill.

Offline Super Trucker

• MOC Member
Re: Re: Senate Bill 761: Lower pistol length definition to 26 inches
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2012, 11:44:37 AM »
To my knowledge, no one here has said that. Between registration being itself unjust and that we have better things to put state funds toward, it's a wonder that this remains.

Why not?
It is not quite constitutional carry, but it would preserve the current ability to legally carry, in a vehicle or concealed, the weapons affected by this bill.

Post 20 makes it sound like registration is on the way out the door. I agree with your reasons to not have it, but I also know where I live and don't see it going away anytime soon.

Good luck with a CWL I don't see that happening either. Look at all the people that were so happy to make it so MI pistols can not be carried, you can't think they would want you to carry anything of usefulness?

Offline Scotchman

• Luke 22:36
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2012, 06:53:51 PM »
So the real question is whether I want my carbine as a rifle or pistol!?

And only 5 months to decide.

Luke 22:36 * [Jesus said] ... and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

We all hear John 3:16 or Matthew 7:1 - by people who never read the rest of those chapters either.

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2012, 07:09:57 PM »
So the real question is whether I want my carbine as a rifle or pistol!?

And only 5 months to decide.

I like the folder on my .30 cal carbine. I also found an "enforcer" .30cal. 10" barrel with a pistol grip. A nostalgic antique. Back in the day it seemed that every party store in Detroit had one under the counter.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update