Author Topic: Indiana First State to Allow Citizens to Shoot Law Enforcement Officers  (Read 6248 times)

Offline Jon Mire

• First Name (Displayed): Joni M.
http://www.infowars.com/indiana-first-state-to-allow-citizens-to-shoot-law-enforcement-officers-2/

yeah i know its not Michigan but something like this could spread like wildfire.

Offline Super Trucker

• MOC Member
The useless folks in Lansing will never let this type of law pass here.

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
Well, you've got to understand the history of this law.  This is all a result of court cases. A man resisted an unlawful police entry and was charged with battery on a police officer and resisting law enforcement.

This worked its way up the system and last year, the The Indiana Supreme Court ruled that people cannot legally resist police who illegally enter their home. That ruling overturned centuries of common law.

That ruling was thrown out by the Indiana House and Senate by newly codifying what had been, as I said, centuries of common law.

This is not about shooting cops (although that is one way to resist, and probably not a good way).

Offline Jon Mire

This is not about shooting cops (although that is one way to resist, and probably not a good way).

:nods: aaa huh! a good way to end up dead yourself. but i saw the courts point if a public official was commiting a felony like rape etc. in your home with your wifey, um yeah.... bad bad ju ju!

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan

Offline Jon Mire

key statement here.....

"The Castle Doctrine law says that if someone has entered or is attempting to enter your home without your consent, you're legally permitted to use a reasonable amount of force to expel the intruder from your residence. If you reasonably believe your life or members of your family are in danger, you can use lethal force. The revision to Indiana's law simply states that public servants aren't exempt from such treatment."