Author Topic: Guy shoots himself in the pecker  (Read 16677 times)

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Ryan
Re: Guy shoots himself in the pecker
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2012, 08:31:59 PM »
And what if your other hand is otherwise occupied?
Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2012, 09:26:57 PM »

You die.  That and you are screwed if you are CCW because usually you need one hand to provide "access" (lift clothing) while the other grips the gun.

OC FTW.
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2012, 10:48:52 PM »
No amount of manipulation will beat cocked & locked out of a proper holster. Or, in the instance of Glock, half cocked.

Glocks have been carried safely by thousands. One ignorant dipstick is an example, not a reason to suddenly start adding additional motions to an already high stress action.

Shooting yourself in the wiener is just Darwin's way of saying 'Told you so!'

I have no problem Mexican carrying a cocked and locked 1911. However I never carry my Glock 17 without a quality holster.
Actually since Glocks have no safety and discharge all on their own, I carry mine completely disassembled without any ammunition any where nearby. In fact I don't even store any of the parts in the same state. Just thinking about a Glock will make it fire.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 11:06:04 PM by CV67PAT »
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline Shadow Bear

• Dark Lord of the Internet
  • MOC Member
  • Human Rights Activist
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2012, 10:54:33 PM »
No amount of manipulation will beat cocked & locked out of a proper holster. Or, in the instance of Glock, half cocked.

Glocks have been carried safely by thousands. One ignorant dipstick is an example, not a reason to suddenly start adding additional motions to an already high stress action.

I have no problem Mexican carrying a cocked and locked 1911. However I never carry my Glock 17 without a quality holster.

Actually since Glocks have no safety and discharge all on their own, I carry mine completely disassembled without any ammunition any where nearby. In fact I don't even store any of the parts in the same state. Just thinking about a Glock will make it fire.

My Glocks are both defective; they only fire when I pull the trigger. That's why i'm selling them cheap....
Its not GUN rights, its HUMAN rights.

Offline Jon Mire

• First Name (Displayed): Joni M.
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2012, 11:40:44 AM »

thats is the last video. if you watch carfully he racks it of the holster or belt.

Offline Jon Mire

« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2012, 11:49:08 AM »

My Glocks are both defective; they only fire when I pull the trigger. That's why i'm selling them cheap....

do i sense a lil' sarcasism?  ::)

but in all truth in the LEO duties there have been more documented accidental discharges from glocks than any other gun. well that is my understanding of it.

Offline Jon Mire

« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2012, 12:17:12 PM »

Oopps, here is a much better view and explanation and circumstance that you speak of. This would be the case of an FTF, incapacitated arm, holding a defensive position while racking, one handed reload and rack, or all of the above in this guys case. all very useful skills because nothing goes the way we imagine it. the way its done is using the rear sight to grab on a belt or some other study enough object.

As boy scouts say "be prepared" and "pack it in and pack it out" :D

but i digress...

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2012, 02:00:59 PM »
do i sense a lil' sarcasism?

You should be sensing a whole sh*tload of sarcasm.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Ryan
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2012, 12:24:44 PM »
I am fully aware of how to handle a one handed reload... however there is NO good reason to start the gunfight in that condition. If you are not comfortable with carrying a chambered gun either A get a different gun or B get more training with the one you have.
Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Offline ocdetroit

• STAY STRONG (WE THE PEOPLE).
  • First Name (Displayed): THE BIG O
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2012, 01:50:46 PM »
 +  :) 1
Open carry in Detroit
With both of them.

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2012, 03:05:51 PM »
No sock puppets here sonny. All the karma has come from someone else. A smite for you for false allegations. 

Really?  The MOC President and forum admin says otherwise. 

Awww, I can't smite myself.

Do what Pat did -- make a sock puppet.

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2012, 03:53:45 PM »
No sock puppets here sonny. All the karma has come from someone else. A smite for you for false allegations. 

Whatever dude. He was being as facetious as I was. Go play in the street.

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
Guy shoots himself in the pecker
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2012, 04:01:13 PM »

I also later posted he has no sick puppet here -- at least from the IP he regularly posts from.
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2012, 06:46:30 PM »
Whatever dude. He was being as facetious as I was.
I kinda take people at face value.  What have I ever done wrong to piss you off?

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2012, 07:28:09 PM »
I kinda take people at face value.  What have I ever done wrong to piss you off?
Who said I was pissed off? Geez, kinda thin skinned ehh?

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2012, 07:29:36 PM »
Who said I was pissed off? Geez, kinda thin skinned ehh?

P.S. This is a thread about a guy shooting himself. Not about your feelings or the karma system or sock puppets.

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2012, 10:58:38 PM »

Offline ocdetroit

• STAY STRONG (WE THE PEOPLE).
  • First Name (Displayed): THE BIG O
« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2012, 11:02:38 PM »
  :)   ;)  :D  ;D  Let's stick to the Subject. Carry On.
Open carry in Detroit
With both of them.

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2012, 09:02:34 PM »

Seems you have the same reading comprehension problem on OCDO...

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?104115-Waterford-PD-Still-Confused-About-transport&p=1778178#post1778178