Author Topic: K-Mart/Sears are anti-gun, time to boycott them.  (Read 6911 times)

Offline s_a_c

K-Mart/Sears are anti-gun, time to boycott them.
« on: February 28, 2012, 05:55:08 PM »
I was just up at my local K-Mart today, and tried using their new free wifi, went to get on another gun board, and their filter blocked me citing, "weapons". It seems they have installed a filter to prevent anyone from looking up "evil" guns. So it looks like they have jumped on to the anti gun politically correct bandwagon. I used to shop there quite a bit no longer, any company that does not support my civil rights does not need my money, boycott K-Mart.

I will now start cross posting this to some other forums, and I will also E-Mail corporate, please join me.

The message I'll be sending:

I just learned that the filtering software your company has installed on your free in store wifi blocks any "weapons" related sites. As you know the second amendment to the US Constitution provides "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.", and this amendment has been upheld in not one, but two recent Supreme Court cases, and was incorporated to the states under the fourteenth Amendment. The right to keep, and bear arms is not just a basic constitutional, and civil right, but also a basic human right, yet your company has chosen to ignore that right by blocking your wifi from displaying any website that so much as acknowledges that right. It is clear given this politically motivated censoring of the internet where your company stands on relationship to my rights. I used to shop at your store frequently, but I no longer will, any business that does not respect my basic, and essential Constitutional, Civil, and Human rights does not deserve my money.

Also remember K-Mart, and Sears are the same company so this applies to them to.

Offline smallthunder

Re: K-Mart/Sears are anti-gun, time to boycott them.
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 06:03:57 PM »
I have no issues OCing in either. I don't know if I agree with boycotting them for them filtering their own free router.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Offline JoeCar

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 10:05:38 PM »
I think if we can open carry there, well that's what we want.

Offline Steel Magnolia

• MOC Regional Coordinator, Deputy
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 10:25:23 PM »
I have OC'd at the K-Mart in Cutlerville on several occasions with no problems at all (not even any strange looks!!).  Totally uneventful as it should be.
"There's something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man" (or woman).  Winston Churchill

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2012, 11:20:37 PM »
I've OCed in Sears, no problems.

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2012, 11:58:08 PM »
I don't know that I can get behind this one either. Filtering a free wifi is a whole lot different that prohibiting me from protecing myself in their sores. Which, by the way, I have always been able to do in both K-Mart and Sears.

Using "weapons" as a filter is not necessarily a bad idea. Limits the researching of "Weapons of Mass Destruction" by children.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2012, 12:19:27 AM »
Could just be a filter for their employees.  A lot of businesses set up filters, including my employer.

Offline GambitofTroy

• First Name (Displayed): Gambit
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2012, 03:45:37 PM »
I was just up at my local K-Mart today, and tried using their new free wifi, went to get on another gun board, and their filter blocked me citing, "weapons". It seems they have installed a filter to prevent anyone from looking up "evil" guns. So it looks like they have jumped on to the anti gun politically correct bandwagon. I used to shop there quite a bit no longer, any company that does not support my civil rights does not need my money, boycott K-Mart.

I will now start cross posting this to some other forums, and I will also E-Mail corporate, please join me.

The message I'll be sending:

I just learned that the filtering software your company has installed on your free in store wifi blocks any "weapons" related sites. As you know the second amendment to the US Constitution provides "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.", and this amendment has been upheld in not one, but two recent Supreme Court cases, and was incorporated to the states under the fourteenth Amendment. The right to keep, and bear arms is not just a basic constitutional, and civil right, but also a basic human right, yet your company has chosen to ignore that right by blocking your wifi from displaying any website that so much as acknowledges that right. It is clear given this politically motivated censoring of the internet where your company stands on relationship to my rights. I used to shop at your store frequently, but I no longer will, any business that does not respect my basic, and essential Constitutional, Civil, and Human rights does not deserve my money.

Also remember K-Mart, and Sears are the same company so this applies to them to.

I am the IT manager at a mid size manufacturing company in Detroit and I filter weapons as well. It's not because I don't like weapons it's part of the default filtering setting. There is a time and place for everything and surfing on the company's dime isn't right. That being said in Kmart's defense they may not even know what they are filtering if they just installed it with a standard config.

PS - Yes I'm posting this from work...management has it's benefits.

Offline PaulC

Re: Re: K-Mart/Sears are anti-gun, time to boycott them.
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2012, 09:28:05 PM »

PS - Yes I'm posting this from work...management has it's benefits.

Nice:)

We do not have such filters @ work
"Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power."

-- Yoshimi Ishikawa, Japanese author

Offline TERMINATOR

• TERMINATOR Sport Fishing Charters - Pentwater, MI
  • First Name (Displayed): Freedom Is NOT Free...
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2012, 10:17:34 PM »
I have no issues OCing in either. I don't know if I agree with boycotting them for them filtering their own free router.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Exactly

They are not obligated to provide free wifi for people to hang out and surf the web on.   If they choose to provide it they are free to choose how to filter it.

Complain enough about what they are filtering and you may find out they just quit providing you with free wifi ::)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 10:20:10 PM by TERMINATOR »
Shooting up my addiction to FREEDOM
Life Member NRA
Member GOA
Member MOC

Offline Jetmech67

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2012, 11:31:14 AM »
PI cant get on here on th e work WiFi. So I just use my 3G ;D. I OC st K Mart all the time with no issues
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a difference in the world, but the Soldiers don't have that problem.

Offline ocdetroit

• STAY STRONG (WE THE PEOPLE).
  • First Name (Displayed): THE BIG O
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2012, 06:42:50 PM »
I O/C at K-mart in Detroit, and Sear at Fairlane mall Dearborn. No problems. I agree no boycott. Carry On.
Open carry in Detroit
With both of them.