Author Topic: Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals to hear 2nd Amendment Case  (Read 31514 times)

Offline TucTom

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Tom
Re: Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals to hear 2nd Amendment Case
« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2012, 11:40:40 AM »
Okay  ::)

Offline kwikrnu

• AmmoDump
« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2012, 11:42:56 AM »
He's got a better answer to give. Orange is highly visible to humans but hard for deer to see. Obviously he uses a shorter magazine in the fall and he uses this weapon for hunting -- so he painted the tip orange for added safety!

I don't hunt.

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals to hear 2nd Amendment Case
« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2012, 11:42:56 AM »
If self-defense was truly your only goal and you didn't set out to get attention, I'd say that was a laudable endeavor.

Only you can know your intentions. I will take you at your word (for I have nothing to gain nor lose for doing so).
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline TheQ

• MOC Lifetime Member
« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2012, 11:45:08 AM »
He's got a better answer to give. Orange is highly visible to humans but hard for deer to see. Obviously he uses a shorter magazine in the fall and he uses this weapon for hunting -- so he painted the tip orange for added safety!

I don't hunt.

Oh, I'm sorry. I was trying to give you a better answer than "because I can" *shrugs*.

Offline kwikrnu

• AmmoDump
« Reply #44 on: August 02, 2012, 11:46:04 AM »
Why would orange paint attract any attention? Orange is not an illegal color. If the firearm was a toy there was nothing illegal done. If the handgun was real I presented a handgun carry permit. So, why does the orange color matter? The answer is it does not.

The rangers did not like the fact that I could legally bear an ak-47 pistol in the park. That is why I was stopped and harrassed for 2.5 hours. The other issues of color and camo are inventions by the defense after the lawsuit was filed to excuse their behavior.

No the camo and orange and your behavior were inventions BEFORE YOU LEFT YOUR TRAILER on your way to the park.

Opps. Sorry. Didn't mean to insult residents of Chatue de'Estates.

So, camo should be illegal to wear while carrying firearms? Residents of trailer parks should not carry firearms? Custom colored firearms should be illegal to carry?

Offline kwikrnu

• AmmoDump
« Reply #45 on: August 02, 2012, 11:48:27 AM »
Why do I carry?

I carry to defend myself and family. On the off chance someone notices, bonus -- they see a reasonably well dressed respectable looking gentlemen with a *handgun*. Yay for good guys.

I don't open carry for the purpose of getting attention. My parents loved me growing up...they are still married to each other today (over 50 years).

What is your point?

WHAT'S HIS POINT?!?!?

You're an attention whore that did what you did for attention and nothing more. It is blatantly obvious. There is NO other logical explanation for doing what you did. NONE!!! NADDA!!! ZIP!!!

Don't you have banjo practicing to do???

I simply carried a lawful handgun in a place where lawful carry is allowed. The rangers who illegally detained me made a big deal out of it.

Are you saying that banjo players should not bear arms?

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #46 on: August 02, 2012, 11:49:38 AM »
Why would orange paint attract any attention? Orange is not an illegal color. If the firearm was a toy there was nothing illegal done. If the handgun was real I presented a handgun carry permit. So, why does the orange color matter? The answer is it does not.

The rangers did not like the fact that I could legally bear an ak-47 pistol in the park. That is why I was stopped and harrassed for 2.5 hours. The other issues of color and camo are inventions by the defense after the lawsuit was filed to excuse their behavior.

No the camo and orange and your behavior were inventions BEFORE YOU LEFT YOUR TRAILER on your way to the park.

So, camo should be illegal to wear while carrying firearms? Residents of trailer parks should not carry firearms? Custom colored firearms should be illegal to carry?

You got what you wanted. Why are you whining???
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline kwikrnu

• AmmoDump
« Reply #47 on: August 02, 2012, 11:51:25 AM »

Again, I was DETAINED AGAINST MY WILL. At no time during the 2.5 hours was I free to leave. DO YOU UNDERSTAND? I WAS NOT FREE TO LEAVE AT ANY POINT DURING THE 2.5 HOURS. I WAS HELD AGAINST MY WILL FOR 2.5 HOURS.

BULLSHIT!!! You were presented with a citation that you refused to sign. That would have ended the encounter. You chose instead to have a supervisor respond. You were told that would take a while. You consented. Therein lies the reason for the "detention" and you could have accepted the citation and left. But NOOOO that wasn't the purpose of your escapade.

I'm not going to sign any paperwork that purports I committed a crime when I did not. Either I am free to leave or I am not. There is no, "you are free to leave, but you are also being detained and we're going to handcuff you for the meantime." LOL

Offline TucTom

• MOC Member
« Reply #48 on: August 02, 2012, 11:52:26 AM »

I don't hunt.

Oh, I'm sorry. I was trying to give you a better answer than "because I can" *shrugs*.

Well at least that would have been an answer and not just a statement.

Offline kwikrnu

• AmmoDump
« Reply #49 on: August 02, 2012, 11:53:13 AM »

I want to bear arms w/o being harrassed. I was harrassed for 2.5 hours at the park that day. How did I, "get what I wanted"?

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #50 on: August 02, 2012, 11:56:00 AM »

I want to bear arms w/o being harrassed. I was harrassed for 2.5 hours at the park that day. How did I, "get what I wanted"?

You're still getting the attention you want right here. Or you wouldn't be here whining. You be still whining on OCDO. But you're not getting the attention you want there anymore.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline Shadow Bear

• Dark Lord of the Internet
  • MOC Member
  • Human Rights Activist
« Reply #51 on: August 02, 2012, 11:59:12 AM »
I've been reading this from the beginning and I have only one question I don't think has been answered. I don't want to get into the Pro/Con issues. The question I have is why did you choose to paint the weapon? Orange tip that is.

Good luck; wanker won't 'fess up. Nonetheless, it blows his credibility and paints responsible gun owners as nut jobs (again).

Perhaps he was going to dye his hair orange, next....
Its not GUN rights, its HUMAN rights.

Offline kwikrnu

• AmmoDump
« Reply #52 on: August 02, 2012, 12:02:56 PM »

You're still getting the attention you want right here. Or you wouldn't be here whining. You be still whining on OCDO. But you're not getting the attention you want there anymore.
I am mostly replying to questions and mistruths spread by you and your buddy. The original post was to inform about upcoming oral arguments and later post audio of those arguments. Since this is being heard in the 6th Circuit COA, the decision will affect all in the 6th circuit. If the opinion is that there is no right to bear arms in parks I may let it stand. Thos who fight against my lawsuit are anti-gun/anti-2A.

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #53 on: August 02, 2012, 12:05:16 PM »

Hey!!! What's wrong with orange hair?!?!? I had orange hair all throughout my younger years.

I've got to admit that I am sure glad to have had it turn gray. I haven't been bullied as much since it has.

Offline kwikrnu

• AmmoDump
« Reply #54 on: August 02, 2012, 12:06:22 PM »
I've been reading this from the beginning and I have only one question I don't think has been answered. I don't want to get into the Pro/Con issues. The question I have is why did you choose to paint the weapon? Orange tip that is.

Good luck; wanker won't 'fess up. Nonetheless, it blows his credibility and paints responsible gun owners as nut jobs (again).

" 'Fess up" to what? Orange is a lawful color to paint a firearm.
Those who bear arms with orange hair should be detained illegally?

Offline TucTom

• MOC Member
« Reply #55 on: August 02, 2012, 12:08:05 PM »

Yeah, unfortunately.

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #56 on: August 02, 2012, 12:11:19 PM »

And you're skating on thin ice there buddy. That orange hair remark almost got you a jeer.  ::)

Offline TheQ

• MOC Lifetime Member
« Reply #57 on: August 02, 2012, 12:15:59 PM »
This thread has ran its course of useful information. I'm closing it. Anyone with questions can PM the OP.

Offline TheQ

• MOC Lifetime Member
« Reply #58 on: August 11, 2012, 10:14:29 PM »
If ever there was a thread worthy of the Ammo Dump, it's this one.  Emotionally charged posts by certain posters in this thread have been moved here.

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
« Reply #59 on: August 30, 2012, 11:55:40 PM »