Author Topic: What if a LEO ask for fishing licence while OC?  (Read 20555 times)

Offline backenj

• First Name (Displayed): Jason
Re: What if a LEO ask for fishing licence while OC?
« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2012, 08:10:19 PM »
Oh well. I still am not positive what you argument is. I say you have to disclose no matter where the gun is and you say if it's in the trunk you don't have to. Correct? If that's not it then I have no idea what you are disputing with me.

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
What if a LEO ask for fishing licence while OC?
« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2012, 08:21:34 PM »
That is the disagreement, yes.
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline backenj

« Reply #42 on: July 06, 2012, 08:32:15 PM »
 Ok. From some of your first posts I thought you where saying that he didn't have to disclose at all. I was arguing that you always have to. Trunk included.

Offline TheQ

• MOC Lifetime Member
What if a LEO ask for fishing licence while OC?
« Reply #43 on: July 06, 2012, 08:42:35 PM »
Ok. From some of your first posts I thought you where saying that he didn't have to disclose at all. I was arguing that you always have to. Trunk included.

Hammurabi was making the case for that in post #6 -- I don't buy into that interpretation.

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #44 on: July 07, 2012, 12:22:08 AM »

If your gun is separated from the ammunition and stored in a case designed for a firearm in the trunk it is being transported. You are not in possession of it. Therefore, disclosure is not required.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline backenj

« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2012, 01:14:08 PM »
   My apologies to you Q. After going back and reading the thread, I see in #13 ". t could be very successfully argued that if it is in the trunk and unloaded, you aren't in possession of it, but are rather transporting it." I missed the point you where making about being unloaded in in the trunk. This whole time I was arguing that you have to disclose a weapon any where in the car. Trunk included. I wasn't referring to in a locked box. Post# 9 " In a locked box in the trunk, maybe not." I thought you where saying that you don't have to disclose of a weapon any where in the car.
 By the time you post #25-"Transporting (unloaded, encased, in trunk) != "Carrying" -- that is the contention here. Exactly what is your legal and/or firearm background, n00b? If transport = carrying than anyone "transporting" without a CPL is guilty of MCL 750.227 -- a 5 year felony." I was over looking the unloaded in a case part. Calling me a noob when you don't know me or anything about me is why you got the reaction from me that you did. I'm sure you are good at what you do. Being new to your site, open carry, doesn't make me new to guns. Only new to you. If things go right we'll meet in Holt Sunday. I'm not a d1*k like I'm sure you think I am and you're not what I was thinking.

Jason B.

Offline TheQ

• MOC Lifetime Member
« Reply #46 on: July 07, 2012, 01:30:49 PM »
Looking forward to meeting you.  It appears we both overlooked/missed the occasional key word of the other person.  My apologies...

Offline Shadow Bear

• Dark Lord of the Internet
  • MOC Member
  • Human Rights Activist
« Reply #47 on: July 07, 2012, 04:01:30 PM »

If your gun is separated from the ammunition and stored in a case designed for a firearm in the trunk it is being transported. You are not in possession of it. Therefore, disclosure is not required.

+1 for Pat; always the voice of reason.
Its not GUN rights, its HUMAN rights.

Offline venator

• MOC Member
    • My Parents Open Carry book order
« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2012, 12:57:40 AM »
Are you saying that the gun is loaded in the trunk?  If it is loaded in the trunk I think you have to disclose if you have a CPL.  If the gun is UNLOADED and stored according to the law, then you don't have to disclose if you have a CPL.

If a person does not have a CPL and has a gun lawfully stored in his vehicle he has no obligation to disclose.
Family book on OPEN CARRY go to: http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/
Looking forward to having more smites than posts.  Thanks all.
The above are my opinions only.  Please seek an attorney concerning all questions of law.

Offline Shadow Bear

• Dark Lord of the Internet
  • MOC Member
  • Human Rights Activist
« Reply #49 on: July 08, 2012, 09:33:02 AM »
   My apologies to you Q. After going back and reading the thread, I see in #13 ". t could be very successfully argued that if it is in the trunk and unloaded, you aren't in possession of it, but are rather transporting it." I missed the point you where making about being unloaded in in the trunk. This whole time I was arguing that you have to disclose a weapon any where in the car. Trunk included. I wasn't referring to in a locked box. Post# 9 " In a locked box in the trunk, maybe not." I thought you where saying that you don't have to disclose of a weapon any where in the car.
 By the time you post #25-"Transporting (unloaded, encased, in trunk) != "Carrying" -- that is the contention here. Exactly what is your legal and/or firearm background, n00b? If transport = carrying than anyone "transporting" without a CPL is guilty of MCL 750.227 -- a 5 year felony." I was over looking the unloaded in a case part. Calling me a noob when you don't know me or anything about me is why you got the reaction from me that you did. I'm sure you are good at what you do. Being new to your site, open carry, doesn't make me new to guns. Only new to you. If things go right we'll meet in Holt Sunday. I'm not a d1*k like I'm sure you think I am and you're not what I was thinking.

Jason B.

+1 for Jason
Its not GUN rights, its HUMAN rights.