Author Topic: Human Events: Open Carry thoughts  (Read 4896 times)

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
Human Events: Open Carry thoughts
« on: July 11, 2012, 02:49:43 PM »

excerpts:

Open carry of firearms in the United States is a source of regular debate among Second Amendment advocates.  Some people see open carry as a social or political statement, while others merely see it as a convenient way to carry a self defense tool.  Depending on who you talk to, you can get anything from zealot-like support to Brady-ish condemnation of exposed carry.

Even if you don’t personally think open carry is a good idea, I believe there are some good reasons to consider it.

I guess when we are talking about carrying a firearm in public, it all comes down to practicality for me.  I’m not interested in changing anyone’s mind, and I don’t give a rat’s hiney about social norms.  The first time I walked through another person’s brain matter, social norms kinda shifted for me.

The fundamental purpose to a firearm, in my view, is as a self-defense tool.  Carrying one means you have a powerful tool should defense of you life be required.

...open carry should be first about self defense.  Open carry allows you to comfortably tote a large firearm in a position that is easy to access under stress.

http://www.humanevents.com/2012/07/10/open-carry-thoughts/

Offline yance

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Adam
Re: Human Events: Open Carry thoughts
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 06:04:59 PM »
The article is a little anti OC slanted, but the comments are pretty much Pro OC, which surprised me a little...usually all the anti OC crowds come out on the comments.