Author Topic: Obama signs order outlining emergency internet control  (Read 4361 times)

Offline yance

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Adam
Obama signs order outlining emergency internet control
« on: July 11, 2012, 05:27:40 PM »
http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-57469950-93/obama-signs-order-outlining-emergency-internet-control/

critics of the order are concerned with Section 5.2, which is a lengthy part outlining how telecommunications and the Internet are controlled. It states that the Secretary of Homeland Security will "oversee the development, testing, implementation, and sustainment" of national security and emergency preparedness measures on all systems, including private "non-military communications networks." According to The Verge, critics say this gives Obama the on/off switch to the Web

Not sure how many people are aware of this so I thought I would share, I just found out about it myself.

If this is irrelevent to MOC please feel free to remove it.

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
Re: Obama signs order outlining emergency internet control
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 09:09:00 PM »
That's what this section is here for -- to post whatever news stories people find interesting.
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline Neilmrb

• MOC Lifetime Member
Re: Obama signs order outlining emergency internet control
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2016, 09:33:28 PM »
No! do not remove it's about giving control of the internet to Russia - China - Iran and a host of other players, another one of Obama's tearing down
this country. It's our internet we developed it and built it, with it comes freedom to interact  between us, same as taking away our 1st amendment.
Congress is trying to squelch this call your congressman or woman, tell them you don't want to lose it for what reason.

Thanks for reading this
Neil