Author Topic: Robber's mom suing Kroger  (Read 5731 times)

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
Robber's mom suing Kroger
« on: July 19, 2012, 04:05:13 PM »
Kroger sued over suspect's fatal shooting during robbery attempt

http://www.indystar.com/article/20120719/NEWS02/207190360/Mother-sues-Kroger-over-fatal-shooting-robbery-bid?odyssey=mod|breaking|text|IndyStar.com

"Kroger failed to supervise its employees and enforce its safety policies including Kroger's policy that no employees shall carry a firearm while on duty."

Wait...your son came in there saying he had a gun threatening to kill them.  If you want Kroger to be safe, keep your dead thug son out of there.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 04:14:08 PM by gryphon »

Offline bignaz

Re: Robber's mom suing Kroger
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 05:58:47 PM »
It happens a lot. End of the day ha ha your good for nothing son is dead and the wold is a safer place.

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 06:04:00 PM »
Krogers will settle the case (cheaper) and use it to just re-enforce their policy.  Sad, but true.
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline Nav0341

• First Name (Displayed): Jeff
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2012, 06:12:41 PM »
It never ceases to amaze me when the criminal's family jumps up to sue. Sorry your son chose the wrong people to commit a violent crime against.

"the "wrongful death" of her son", REALLY?! I wonder what she would have been saying at his armed robbery / murder trial.

Offline bignaz

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2012, 06:20:37 PM »
Oh well by the looks of it shes as ghetto as her son and odd's are shes going to get robbed as soon as she cashes the check. Go go gadget karma. Well see her on the news crying about how crimes so out of hand and somthing needs to be done with a picture of her ghetto dead kid on her t shirt.

Offline yance

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Adam
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2012, 06:24:54 PM »
Times like this I wish I could be a judge so I could sit in front of this case and say "Oh, so your son walked into the kroger, attempted to rob it with a deadly weapon, and was shot and killed in self defense by a store employee defending the life of all the citizens your son put in danger by this stunt?  I'm sorry I find in favor of Krogers, the plaintiff gets no money"

Offline bagz013

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2012, 09:50:34 AM »
Krogers will settle the case (cheaper) and use it to just re-enforce their policy.  Sad, but true.

Unfortunetly I think you are correct. This will do nothing but leave a bad (worse) taste in Krogers mouth about firearms.

They won't have the foresight to see that the manager could have possibly saved many lives and/or store property but rather that a firearm was used in a "negative" way.

Sucks
Si vis pacem, para bellum
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it- Aristotle
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self- Ernest Hemingway

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2012, 10:10:25 AM »
UPDATE

Now the security guard who was on duty that night is suing Kroger for "mental anguish and emotional distress" because she witnessed the manager killing the robber.  She must be a great security guard.

http://fox59.com/2012/12/20/security-guard-suing-kroger-manager-following-fatal-shooting-of-would-be-robber/

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
Robber's mom suing Kroger
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2012, 10:20:38 AM »
Ludicrous!
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline Ezerharden

• Former Secretary
  • MOC Regional Coordinator, Deputy
  • I don't dial 911
  • First Name (Displayed): Mike
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2012, 04:11:48 PM »
A disgrace to the profession.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

I carry a gun because a Police Officer is too heavy.