Author Topic: Positive encounter at Meijer  (Read 5685 times)

Offline Grizz

Positive encounter at Meijer
« on: July 21, 2012, 01:20:46 AM »
Was with my girlfriend getting groceries today.  We noticed that I seemed to be getting more looks and attention from the staff than usual...  perhaps due to the tragic Colorado shooting earlier in the day.  About halfway through the store, I was approached by a male employee who asked if I was a cop...  to which I replied "nope, I'm just openly carrying."  After a moment, he nodded his head and said that he had heard about some local meetings involving open carry and was interested in learning more.  I asked him if it was michiganopencarry that he was referring to, but he didn't seem sure (I'm pretty sure it was).  I urged him to obtain his CPL and to check out and learn as much as he could from michiganopencarry as he could.  We conversed a bit about what I was carrying and how I liked it (Glock 30).  We then briefly spoke about the Colorado shooting and then parted ways.

Offline erosema

Re: Positive encounter at Meijer
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 10:16:39 PM »
I like to carry a couple copies of the MI Open carry brochure, along with my firearm.  It is available at http://miopencarry.org/moc_files/brochure.pdf.  With a little work you can get it printed on a normal piece of paper and fold it up like a brochure.  Fold it in half again, carry a few in your back pocket and spread the word!

Offline Slinger

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2012, 10:49:26 PM »
Was it the jenison meijer by any chance?

Offline Grizz

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 12:03:08 PM »
I like to carry a couple copies of the MI Open carry brochure, along with my firearm.  It is available at http://miopencarry.org/moc_files/brochure.pdf.  With a little work you can get it printed on a normal piece of paper and fold it up like a brochure.  Fold it in half again, carry a few in your back pocket and spread the word!

That thought crossed my mind right after we parted ways.  Perhaps next time I will be better prepared...

This was at the new Meijer in Bath Township (Lansing area).

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2012, 01:14:52 PM »

That thought crossed my mind right after we parted ways.  Perhaps next time I will be better prepared...

This was at the new Meijer in Bath Township (Lansing area).

You live in the Lansing area?  Let's grab something to eat sometime.  What you say?
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline Grizz

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2012, 03:26:16 PM »
Q-

I would love to meet up sometime.  I work out of town and usually get home pretty late so a weekend would be much better for me.  What is your schedule like?

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2012, 03:57:27 PM »
Q-

I would love to meet up sometime.  I work out of town and usually get home pretty late so a weekend would be much better for me.  What is your schedule like?

Weekdays after 5:30 or weekends.  Weekends are spotty as I'm often doing some MOC thing or out of town with family.  But propose a date....PM me if you'd like.
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).