Author Topic: Sean Combs - Open carry arrest, trial and awaiting verdict for OC of a rifle  (Read 8888 times)

Offline emcee101

Here's the story in case you haven't already heard about it already. I thought I would post the update here since I was not able to post this in the "Press Room" thread as a reply, I just saw it on Fox 2 @ 11:00 news. He is being charges with several misdemeanors, all of which are complete B.S. IMHO. They did throw out the resisting an office charge, but the jury is still out on the rest of the charges.

http://troy.patch.com/articles/sean-combs-jury-deliberating
"That the people have a Right to mass and to bear arms; that a well regulated militia composed of the Body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper natural and safe defense of a free State..."

- George Mason

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline ocdetroit

• STAY STRONG (WE THE PEOPLE).
  • First Name (Displayed): THE BIG O
 :) ;) :D ;E.g. I wish they would train those LET's more. Carry On.
Open carry in Detroit
With both of them.

Offline yance

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Adam
I'm glad this turned out the way it did, I hope the prosecutor is feeling foolish for pursuing this.

Offline emcee101

+1 for all of us. Have to had it to this kid for knowing his rights and exercising them properly.  ;D
"That the people have a Right to mass and to bear arms; that a well regulated militia composed of the Body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper natural and safe defense of a free State..."

- George Mason

Offline Michhunter

Here's an article from Oakland Press I thought you might like: NOT GUILTY! Jury sides with teenager who carried gun through downtown Birmingham WITH VIDEO.

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
Here's an article from Oakland Press I thought you might like: NOT GUILTY! Jury sides with teenager who carried gun through downtown Birmingham WITH VIDEO.
No video attached?
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline TucTom

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Tom
This may be what was referenced. http://www.thenewsherald.com/articles/2012/07/12/news/doc4fff030d396db637492290.txt?viewmode=fullstory

As I normally don't post anything linking to other sites please fix if needed and or educate me please.

Offline bignaz

Im glad it all worked out for him and that he was aware of his rights however lets face it he did this for attention  and personally i dont like that. A pistol yes. A rifle yes if your going hunting. But not hey im gonna go get some milk and eggs. Let me take out my .338LM for protection because you never know when you might need that extra 10 feet to 2 mile range. Just bad pr and stuff like that is what will get Michigan to become a communist state like the people republic of kalafornia or NY. 

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Ryan
Im glad it all worked out for him and that he was aware of his rights however lets face it he did this for attention  and personally i dont like that. A pistol yes. A rifle yes if your going hunting. But not hey im gonna go get some milk and eggs. Let me take out my .338LM for protection because you never know when you might need that extra 10 feet to 2 mile range. Just bad pr and stuff like that is what will get Michigan to become a communist state like the people republic of kalafornia or NY.

Yeah whatever.... Are you forgetting the issues a person under 21 must go through to even get a handgun? Or perhaps the fact that they cannot buy amunition for one either? Yeah I am sure you have it all figured out.  :o

Sorry my sarcasm volume is at full power.
Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Offline Shadow Bear

• Dark Lord of the Internet
  • MOC Member
  • Human Rights Activist

Yeah, look how badly things have been screwed up by those open carry radicals. Put it back in your pants, for pete's sake- no one wants to see how big your gun is. Think of the children! There's no good reason to open carry a pistol....unless you're an attention whore.
Its not GUN rights, its HUMAN rights.