OC Events - Calendar - Regional Map > Events - Statewide Open Carry Related

Open carry motorcycle ride

(1/7) > >>

autosurgeon:
Originally posted by EM87 on OCDO

There hasn't been much organization for this event and the original thread wasn't very on topic when it came to planning, so here is a fresh thread that can be used to plan this event.

First of all, we need to know who is free to attend this event on Saturday, June 5.

After we have a list of people who want to attend, we can map out a route. If people from both sides of the state want to attend, we can plan for two rides (an east side ride and a west side ride) which will meet in the middle at a time to be determined.

It should be noted that anyone with a motorcycle is invited to attend this ride, but those who will be OCing must have a CPL due to the fact that we will be stopping at gas stations to refuel, and gas stations usually sell alcohol. (And also because OC on a vehicle is still a gray area of the law.)

Who is interested?

Update!

Mastiff and I have determined a route.

As the majority of the interest is on the west side and I would like to start small with this first OC ride we will be doing a loop ride in west Michigan.

We will meet at the Meijer Gas Station off the Us 131 / M89 interchange in Plainwell/Otsego.

Meet time is 10:00 AM on June 5th

The ride is 80 miles of 2 lane road and will include Gull Lake, Hastings, Gun Lake, and Yankee Springs State Recreation Area. We will be stopping for lunch at some point on the route.

Note if the group decides they want to go further that is not a problem but we will decide that the day of the event at the pre-ride meeting.

autosurgeon:
I will be attending this likely my brother as well.

RandyK:
I am definitely in. I have CBR not the best distance bike but I have toughed out a few long rides. Im in Warren so anyone on the east side let me know if you want to meet up. 

Hey auto, is there a way to post this in the South East Region also?

ocdetroit:
A gray area is just an area not tried. OCing on a bikecyle with a cpl on and in is not the same thing. Covered and uncovered is not the same thing. Open and Closed is not the same thing. Fight for the rights or not. Carry on.  Maybe i read it wrong but gas stations that sell alcohol is ok if it is not the main source of income.

autosurgeon:

--- Quote from: ocdetroit on May 03, 2010, 11:09:18 PM ---A gray area is just an area not tried. OCing on a bikecyle with a cpl on and in is not the same thing. Covered and uncovered is not the same thing. Open and Closed is not the same thing. Fight for the rights or not. Carry on.  Maybe i read it wrong but gas stations that sell alcohol is ok if it is not the main source of income.

--- End quote ---

Wrong! If you do not have a CPL you cannot even be on the property of the business with the liqueur license! You are confusing the CPL regs with the OC restrictions.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version