Author Topic: Open carry motorcycle ride  (Read 19472 times)

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Ryan
Re: Open carry motorcycle ride
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2010, 07:33:16 AM »
The problem with meeting in Jackson is that would mean a 2 hr run prior to the ride and then 2 hrs back for most of the west side riders.

As I said we want to start small and see how this works out.

However anyone is welcome to come out and join us.
Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2010, 10:22:34 PM »
OK there has been a change in the route! As some of you may know a National Guardsman was harassed in New Era MI on Memorial Day for OCing. We are going to meet in Plainwell at the Meijer Gas station as planned before but instead of a loop ride we will go to New Era instead!

New Era is a 100 mile ride one way 200 round trip from Plainwell.

I know this is short notice but in light of what has transpired I and Several others feel that MOC and OCers in general need to make a presence known in New Era! Since we had this ride planned and I want to move on this now I feel as does Mastiff and Cabman that this is the best way to handle this quickly.

Please let me know if this will work for you!!!
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 11:19:11 PM by autosurgeon »
Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Offline Savage.Detroit

« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2010, 10:50:22 PM »
Wish I rode.  Maybe a call to the press?

« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 10:52:44 PM by autosurgeon »
Adapted from Hillary: I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're in a hate group or a domestic terrorist. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration."

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2010, 10:53:08 PM »
Wish I rode.  Maybe a call to the press?

Jan Jay our director of media relations is all over it!

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2010, 12:17:32 AM »
See you all at 10:00 AM rain or shine!

Offline VULCAN45

« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2010, 09:51:56 PM »
I had such a great time today on the ride! Thanks a lot guys. This was my first open carry experience. By the way, I'm the guy that was on the Vulcan.

Offline EM87

« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2010, 10:17:53 PM »
I had such a great time today on the ride! Thanks a lot guys. This was my first open carry experience. By the way, I'm the guy that was on the Vulcan.

I'm glad you got on the forums!  It was a fun ride, heard you got soaked too!
"You'll be walking along.. OC.. and you'll feel GREAT. You'll feel FREEEEE like 1776 kind of Free." -cscitney87 (from opencarry.org)

Offline VULCAN45

« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2010, 10:44:24 PM »
yeah, it was a little wet. I'm ready for the next ride!!

Offline sevenplusone

« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2010, 11:18:19 PM »

I would hardly consider what happened to us as 'soaked'. A little wet I guess but we did all right.

Offline EM87

« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2010, 12:16:00 AM »

I would hardly consider what happened to us as 'soaked'. A little wet I guess but we did all right.

You guys got lucky then.  I was soaked by the time I got back!  It was worth it though.  :D
"You'll be walking along.. OC.. and you'll feel GREAT. You'll feel FREEEEE like 1776 kind of Free." -cscitney87 (from opencarry.org)

Offline cwy426

« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2010, 11:01:10 PM »
Just curious - did you wind up going to New Era? If so, any news reports?

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2010, 11:19:57 PM »
Just so you guys know this last Saturday 6 of us OCers rerouted our planned group ride up to New Era and met with a number of the townfolks. Left behind MOC trifolds and had lunch while we were there.... we also were interviewed by the local newspaper as well.

Note the local Chief was no where to be found.. the locals told me he was likely told to lay low...

Here are some pictures of the days activities.