Author Topic: CADL -- Prepare for decision/media frenzie  (Read 4824 times)

Offline METL

CADL -- Prepare for decision/media frenzie
« on: August 03, 2012, 10:11:33 AM »
Did you already get the results and you're just making sure everyone commits before you drop the news?    :P
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 04:20:52 PM by TheQ »

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
Re: Re: CADL v MOC -- What if we lose? Are you still with us?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 11:41:34 AM »
Did you already get the results and you're just making sure everyone commits before you drop the news?    :P

Dean will get a copy snail mail to him one day before they go out on the public email listserv. This means he may not even receive the snail mail before it goes public. Sadly, we won't be hearing about it any sooner than the press. That gives us little time to prepare comment.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 11:44:08 AM by TheQ »
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline venator

• MOC Member
    • My Parents Open Carry book order
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2012, 12:31:50 PM »

Dean will get a copy snail mail to him one day before they go out on the public email listserv. This means he may not even receive the snail mail before it goes public. Sadly, we won't be hearing about it any sooner than the press. That gives us little time to prepare comment.
Have our media person and the board prepare comments for either outcome.
Family book on OPEN CARRY go to: http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/
Looking forward to having more smites than posts.  Thanks all.
The above are my opinions only.  Please seek an attorney concerning all questions of law.

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Ryan
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2012, 03:51:41 PM »

This!
Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2012, 04:16:03 PM »

I already prepared comments on the Banishing part of the case and distributed it to the Leadership email.  No comments were returned.  So that part is done.

That being said, your suggestion oversimplifies the problem.  There are numerous possible outcomes, some we cannot even imagine right now.  There's just too many things they could do for each part of the case.

I have talked to Dean about "likely outcomes".

Obviously, we will be issuing a press release within an hour or two of being notified by the decision.  Persons interested in partaking in the drafting/revision of the press release should remain "at the ready", for there will be little time.

We can always have multiple published revisions of the release.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 04:22:53 PM by TheQ »
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline venator

• MOC Member
    • My Parents Open Carry book order
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2012, 06:04:19 PM »

I already prepared comments on the Banishing part of the case and distributed it to the Leadership email.  No comments were returned.  So that part is done.

That being said, your suggestion oversimplifies the problem.  There are numerous possible outcomes, some we cannot even imagine right now.  There's just too many things they could do for each part of the case.

I have talked to Dean about "likely outcomes".

Obviously, we will be issuing a press release within an hour or two of being notified by the decision.  Persons interested in partaking in the drafting/revision of the press release should remain "at the ready", for there will be little time.

We can always have multiple published revisions of the release.

Certainly a few general guidelines could be prepared before hand.  Outcomes could be Authorities can or can't ban firearms, OC is or is not brandishing.  The press release would be generalized and either state how they did the right thing or didn't and whether we may appeal to the SC. Can't hurt to have something prepared.

I will be happy to review all drafts.  I'll check my emails for the brandishing statement, I don't recall it, but I'm getting CRS so who knows.
Family book on OPEN CARRY go to: http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/
Looking forward to having more smites than posts.  Thanks all.
The above are my opinions only.  Please seek an attorney concerning all questions of law.

Offline LD

• Legal Musings
Re: CADL -- Prepare for decision/media frenzie
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2012, 08:17:12 AM »
"We can always have multiple published revisions of the release."

I would think any statement that could be used against us in ANY way would be grabbed by the opposition in spite of any revision that was published later.
Not sure I would RUSH to make a statement.

Offline METL

Re: CADL -- Prepare for decision/media frenzie
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2012, 01:13:38 PM »
Hey... I didn't....     Admin abuse!    lol    >:( ;D