Author Topic: OC at Maria's Mexican Restaurant in Lincoln Park  (Read 5137 times)

Offline Zeteo

• First Name (Displayed): Al
OC at Maria's Mexican Restaurant in Lincoln Park
« on: August 04, 2012, 08:44:13 AM »
My wife and I decided to head north of Southfield Road in Lincoln Park to have dinner at Maria's Mexican Restaurant. The restaurant is one of the best Mexican places I've ever had, and we eat there about once a week. The area, well, it is getting a little rough; it is starting to look like it's been annexed by Detroit. I decided to OC there for the first time last night (I have CC'd there for the last 6 months).

No issues, except for the drunk guy in the alley asking for money cause he was hungry. told him, no cash, but we'll buy you dinner.

Took him inside and bought him a carry out. No issues with anyone inside, and with loud drunk man standing next to our table waiting for carry out, we were kind of the center of attention. Food was very good, service was great, and my wife survived her first trip with me OC'ing with her. She has been nervous about it, worried it would draw negative attention to us.

Carry on.    :)

No law ever prevented a crime.

Offline Shadow Bear

• Dark Lord of the Internet
  • MOC Member
  • Human Rights Activist
Re: OC at Maria's Mexican Restaurant in Lincoln Park
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2012, 09:44:19 AM »
Great job! Congrats on your first outing, and +1 for handling the drunk.
Its not GUN rights, its HUMAN rights.

Offline Super Trucker

• MOC Member
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2012, 04:56:05 PM »
Have you tried Panchos between southfield and outer drive on the west side of dix? My wife and I like that place a little better.

Offline Zeteo

• First Name (Displayed): Al
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2012, 10:49:09 AM »
Yep, we've eaten at Panchos as well, several times. I like Panchos, but Maria's is a bit cleaner.  I'm a bit of a germaphobe, so I usually choose Maria's over most of the other Mexican places around. Filthiest one I've been to is the one next door to Walgreen on Fort at Southfield. Can't think of the name at the moment, but it looks like the health inspector is getting a bribe from that place!
No law ever prevented a crime.

Offline onnie0047@gmail.com

• MOC Leadership
    • Randys Old Time Radio Shows
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2012, 06:03:36 PM »
Thanks for letting us know of another Oc Friendly place
I am not a Cop, nor a Lawyer, not even a Medical Doctor, but I did once play a Klingon at Universal Studios!

Offline Super Trucker

• MOC Member
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2012, 06:59:21 PM »
I agree Pancho's isn't the nicest (cleanest) looking place but the food is pretty good, maybe we will try Maria's again.

Offline wardog6t

• Go Army, Beat Navy!
    • http://michiganopencarry.org
  • First Name (Displayed): john
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2012, 10:55:00 AM »
Have you tried Panchos between southfield and outer drive on the west side of dix? My wife and I like that place a little better.

Hands down poncho's is the best Mexican food in the downriver? area.  Although that side of L.P. looks more and more like the D every day. I'd all point out LPPD is totally anti OC make sure you have your recorder they are the future Warren. Since Larry Flynn moved in to town L.P has had the resources to hire several more cops from area's such as Warren and Hazel Park. Several members of my family are retired LEO's from L.P. The department  has went to hell in a hand basket over the last five years or so. A very close friend of ours owns Vito's restaurant on Fort Street, they have been ticketed on multiple occasions for having been open after state mandated closing. By open the doors actually allowing people to enter, regardless if the bar has been closed..  Totally Rambo Warriors.
"Any day you don't hear a "POP" and "WHIZ" is a Wonderful day....."