Linked Events

• Open Carry Rally in Monroe to SUpport SB59: August 25, 2012

Author Topic: Michigan Open Carry Rally for SB-59 in Monroe, MI  (Read 21392 times)

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
Michigan Open Carry Rally for SB-59 in Monroe, MI
« on: August 04, 2012, 10:59:18 PM »
The leadership of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. is organizing a rally in Monroe Michigan (Home town of Randy Richardville, Michigan State Senate Majority Leader) to protest the lack of movement on SB-59, a bill that would allow anyone with a CPL to get an exemption from Michigan's Concealed Gun Free Zones (this would also "legitimize" the "Open carry in a PFZ" loophole).

Please come help us promote SB-59 and make sure the person who is holding the bill up gets our message: This bill must pass -- NOW!  This rally may be the most important thing we've done for this bill to-date!  It's a must-attend for anyone interested in helping this bill pass!

Relevant Links:

Event Details:
Where: City of Monroe, MI (Exact Rally Point/Plan found here)
When: August 25, 2012 (11:00AM - 5:00 PM)

What to do to attend
  • Sign Up for the email list I have created just for rally.  I'll send updates about this rally to this new list.  After the rally is over, I will destroy this new list.  I only made a separate list so we don't keep spamming those who aren't interested (or can't) attend.
  • Mark August 25, 2012 (between the hours of 11 AM and 5 PM) on your calendar.
Find Details about the rally including locations/schedule here
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 08:12:24 PM by TheQ »
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline Ezerharden

• Former Secretary
  • MOC Regional Coordinator, Deputy
  • I don't dial 911
  • First Name (Displayed): Mike
Re: Michigan Open Carry Rally for SB-59 in Monroe, MI
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2012, 02:29:57 AM »
Planning to attend, OC as usual.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

I carry a gun because a Police Officer is too heavy.

Offline Golden Eagle

• MOC Member
  • I VOTED
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2012, 11:38:46 AM »
My car gets good mileage who would like to car pool from Kzoo?
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good."

George Washington

Offline TheQ

• MOC Lifetime Member
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2012, 02:08:17 PM »
My car gets good mileage who would like to car pool from Kzoo?

Adam Yancer is coordinating the I-94 carpool. Please contact him.

Offline Waterborne

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2012, 11:42:05 AM »
Sorry guys, I won't be able to make it, I have mandatory training all day.  I am passing it on to others I know that are interested in the bill passing.

Offline wardog6t

• Go Army, Beat Navy!
    • http://michiganopencarry.org
  • First Name (Displayed): john
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2012, 09:58:02 PM »
I will be there +1
"Any day you don't hear a "POP" and "WHIZ" is a Wonderful day....."

Offline bagz013

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2012, 09:02:06 AM »
Count me in and possibly +2
Si vis pacem, para bellum
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it- Aristotle
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self- Ernest Hemingway

Offline MrMike40Cal

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2012, 12:19:01 PM »
I will be there!   ;D

Offline grampajeep

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2012, 11:46:29 AM »
Today is aug. 21 it would be ok if you'ld let us know where the rally is being held.

Gerry

Offline TheQ

• MOC Lifetime Member
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2012, 12:11:25 PM »
Today is aug. 21 it would be ok if you'ld let us know where the rally is being held.

Gerry

I will make a detailed post and update the OP this evening.

Offline TheQ

• MOC Lifetime Member
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2012, 08:06:57 PM »

Gerry

http://us4.campaign-archive1.com/?u=710075bba75b914b805e1861a&id=10312eb6ff

Here is an email that has information about the rally.

Offline bagz013

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2012, 02:50:10 PM »
288+ Views and only 10 replies of "I'll be there".......pathetic!!! :(

This is a chance for us to do some really postive things and we only have 10 replies......and 3 of them are Phil's posts!!

What's the excuse for the other 268 people??

Too far/no gas/unreliable car?...there are carpools.

Not enough notice?.....been up on MOC, MGO, and prob OCDO for weeks...not to mention talked about at every OC event for the last 2 months

Can't get off work?......call in sick....or dead cause if we keep letting politicians dictate our 2A rights we will be soon (figuratively of course)

Don't have a babysitter?......bring the kids....it will be the safest place for three counties!!

Don't want to bring food?......who cares!.....Pat doesn't eat food.....just liberals and 1911's

Too many other things going on?.....wake up earlier...go to bed later...or do them on Sunday

Don't know anybody there?....My name is Jeremy.....I like long walks on the beach.....puppies....and shooting things....now you know me.

For every excuse I bet there is a way around it.

Bet if this was a sale on firearms and for only 2 hours you could buy a Sig, Kimber, Para, Colt, S&W, H&K, Rock River, DPMS, Stag, or any other kind of firearm for $30 people would make the time!!!! Prove to me and to the Michigan Legislature that gun owners are just as passionate about gun laws as we are about guns!!!

I know this may come off as an "in your face" post but I can ensure you that, if people show up I will welcome you as a friend and thank you for coming.

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it- Aristotle
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self- Ernest Hemingway

Offline TheQ

• MOC Lifetime Member
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2012, 03:05:04 PM »
Some views are from the same person...but point made.

Offline yance

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Adam
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2012, 04:23:43 PM »
I'm sure there are some whos plans will depend on last minute decisions, there are probably others of course who are planning to attend and just chose not to reply "attending."  Plus it doesnt account for all the people that were told about this by someone who has read it, some views also might be by "guest" users who arent sign up on the forum.  Others may have already confirmed on facebook. 

But your point is valid...it would be nice to know how many people we can expect to attend.

Offline bagz013

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2012, 06:23:57 PM »
Some views are from the same person...but point made.

Yeah, I didn't consider that until after I posted my little "rant."

Offline bagz013

« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2012, 06:28:41 PM »
I'm sure there are some whos plans will depend on last minute decisions, there are probably others of course who are planning to attend and just chose not to reply "attending."  Plus it doesnt account for all the people that were told about this by someone who has read it, some views also might be by "guest" users who arent sign up on the forum.  Others may have already confirmed on facebook. 

But your point is valid...it would be nice to know how many people we can expect to attend.

Very good points. I was just having a momentarily heated moment when I saw how many people have viewed it compared to how many are coming. It's not from a lack of the MOC officers getting the word out but rather a lack of support on our part (members).

If I got frustrated as simply a member, I can imagine how frustrating it could be as an officer when it comes to a lack of participation.

However, I will trust your insights and hope that many more people will be there.

Offline yance

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Adam
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2012, 07:32:42 PM »
I completely understand how you feel, there is a lot of talk about what needs to be dont but when it comes time to do not nearly as many people take action.

If more people spend as much time doing as they do talking we would probably see a lot more pro gun legislation introduced and passed in this state.

Offline TucTom

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Tom
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2012, 09:02:11 AM »
Bagz - I loved the rant. I unfortunately am out of town this weekend, and hope to get back in time for the dinner in Kzoo. I have viewed this just about every time there is a new post, so you can put the viewed count on my shoulders.

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2012, 10:03:21 AM »
288+ Views and only 10 replies of "I'll be there".......pathetic!!! :(

This is a chance for us to do some really postive things and we only have 10 replies......and 3 of them are Phil's posts!!

What's the excuse for the other 268 people??

Too far/no gas/unreliable car?...there are carpools.

Not enough notice?.....been up on MOC, MGO, and prob OCDO for weeks...not to mention talked about at every OC event for the last 2 months

Can't get off work?......call in sick....or dead cause if we keep letting politicians dictate our 2A rights we will be soon (figuratively of course)

Don't have a babysitter?......bring the kids....it will be the safest place for three counties!!

Don't want to bring food?......who cares!.....Pat doesn't eat food.....just liberals and 1911's

Too many other things going on?.....wake up earlier...go to bed later...or do them on Sunday

Don't know anybody there?....My name is Jeremy.....I like long walks on the beach.....puppies....and shooting things....now you know me.

For every excuse I bet there is a way around it.

Bet if this was a sale on firearms and for only 2 hours you could buy a Sig, Kimber, Para, Colt, S&W, H&K, Rock River, DPMS, Stag, or any other kind of firearm for $30 people would make the time!!!! Prove to me and to the Michigan Legislature that gun owners are just as passionate about gun laws as we are about guns!!!

I know this may come off as an "in your face" post but I can ensure you that, if people show up I will welcome you as a friend and thank you for coming.

Have you seen Pat?!?!?

You don't that fat without consuming mass quantities of mammal flesh charred over an ignited flame pit.

If I did not fear incarceration from human authority figures, I would terminate your life functions by applying sufficient pressure to your blunt skull so as to force its collapse!

On second thought,  when my people come to colonize this planet, you will be on the protected rolls, and no harm will come to you

Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2012, 10:11:42 AM »
Great. Pat is for another protected class of people.