Linked Events

• OC Dinner in Kalamazoo, MI: August 26, 2012

Author Topic: OC Dinner in Kalamazoo, MI Aug 26th @ 6pm  (Read 7529 times)

Offline yance

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Adam
OC Dinner in Kalamazoo, MI Aug 26th @ 6pm
« on: August 03, 2012, 05:31:26 PM »
Michigan Open Carry, Inc is inviting you to join us for dinner at Theo & Stacy's in Kalamazoo, MI, this restraunt has hosted numerous open carry lunches and dinners and continues to support our organization and our right to bear arms.  Events like these are a great way to learn more about open carry or if you have ever wanted to try open carrying but have been nervous this is your chance to start by being around others who will be openly carrying as well.  These events are always a good time and if you know someone who is curious about open carry or would just like to come along feel free to bring whoever you would like, these events are open to the public and you need not be a member to join us.  Children are also welcome to these events as well, so bring your family. 

Details.

Where:

Theo & Stacy's
4311 South Westnedge Avenue
Kalamazoo, MI 49008
(269) 388-3455

When:

Sunday
August 26th @ 6pm

We hope to see plenty of you there, your newly appointed Vice President will be in attendance as well.  If you have any questions please feel free to contact myself at: ayancer@miopencarry.org or simply reply in this thread.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 05:18:30 PM by yance »

Offline yance

• MOC Member
Re: OC Dinner in Kalamazoo, MI Aug 26th @ 6pm
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2012, 03:23:08 PM »
Due to the rally for SB59 taking place on the 25th the dinner is going to be on Sunday the 26th at 6pm

Offline TucTom

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Tom
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2012, 11:07:08 AM »
I unfortunately will be out of town that weekend. But I will do my best to get back in town to get to this. No guarantee but I'll do my best.
I Would like to meet some local "friends".

Offline yance

• MOC Member
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2012, 07:27:28 PM »
If you can make it out it would certainly be nice having you, its nice to be able to get together with people who are also OCing so I'm not the only one for a change  :P

Offline TucTom

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Tom
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2012, 09:36:30 AM »
Well I wouldn't want you to be the only one

Offline LionsFan49004

• First Name (Displayed): Nathan
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2012, 05:11:39 PM »
Hi all,
 I'm from Kalamazoo and I just started OCing. I noticed you guys like going to Theo & Staceys, but was wondering if you have a list of businesses that will also be OC friendly. I have talked to Subway in Parchment (i know its not Kzoo) but the owner said he would be honored to have our business if we ever decided to meet up there. Then I started thinking....we could have an OC rally/march that could start from Subway in Parchment and march to downtown Kzoo. We would pass multiple police stations, be in view for hundreds of motorists, and pass no schools. Just thought I would throw that idea out there.

I hope to meet you all on the 26th, but I do not get out of work until 6pm that day. I may show up late but I do plan on being there. Im thinking I should arrive around 6:20pm, and Im pretty sure I will be able to find you all (with you all being the ones with guns on their sides, lol).

I have every intention of being highly involved in this organization and look forward to meeting you all.

Nathan

Offline yance

• MOC Member
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2012, 06:06:32 PM »
Theo and Stacy's has been a supporter of MOC and the 2nd Amendment for a few years and we are always happy to support their business for their support of us.  If you have any suggestions where we can have a lunch or dinner feel free to email SWregion@miopencarry.org, we are always looking for suggestions and new places to meet at.  Having someone from the area suggest a location is always the best because no one will know the area better than the person that lives there, the subway idea is a good one, if there were a park we could walk to or take a short drive to after getting our food or after eating that would be great!

Also I'm planning on arriving to Theo & Stacys about 6:30pm, they usually have an area or a table reserved for our group, just let them know you are with Michigan Open Carry when you get there.

We are always looking for more people who are willing to volunteer their time to help MOC and we would be happy to have you involved!

Offline Galen

• MOC Member
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2012, 08:23:27 AM »
I plan on attending with my wife and I invited my neighbors.

Offline yance

• MOC Member
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2012, 02:20:38 PM »
Good to hear!  I'm looking forward to meeting you and your wife, it should be a good turnout, hopefully your neighbors decide to come out as well.

Offline yance

• MOC Member
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2012, 12:45:24 PM »
Bump to the top, looking forward to seeing everyone this Sunday!

Offline Golden Eagle

• MOC Member
  • I VOTED
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2012, 07:41:00 AM »
re-bump... tonight.  ;D
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good."

George Washington

Offline Shadow Bear

• Dark Lord of the Internet
  • MOC Member
  • Human Rights Activist
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2012, 11:38:05 AM »
The Magnum Magnolia and I will be there ;D
Its not GUN rights, its HUMAN rights.

Offline yance

• MOC Member
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2012, 01:18:28 PM »
Looking forward to seeing everyone in a few hours!

Offline yance

• MOC Member
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2012, 05:51:50 PM »
Thank you to everyone that showed up, we had about 26 people there and it was a good time, even when a small group of us went to Cold Stone Creamery for ice cream afterwards.  We even had a chance to educate some citizens about the law and OC.  Looking forward to the next one!