Linked Events

• Open Carry Rally in Monroe to SUpport SB59: August 25, 2012

Author Topic: Michigan Open Carry Rally for SB-59 in Monroe, MI  (Read 21144 times)

Offline bagz013

Re: Michigan Open Carry Rally for SB-59 in Monroe, MI
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2012, 11:11:25 AM »
Have you seen Pat?!?!?

You don't that fat without consuming mass quantities of mammal flesh charred over an ignited flame pit.

If I did not fear incarceration from human authority figures, I would terminate your life functions by applying sufficient pressure to your blunt skull so as to force its collapse!

On second thought,  when my people come to colonize this planet, you will be on the protected rolls, and no harm will come to you

Hahahaha......"when my people come" Huh?!?!?  I knew you were a little off but I wasn't sure how off  ;D

Not sure if being on said "protected rolls" is such a good thing. Based on you apparent verocious appitite for mammal flesh, one would have to assume these "rolls" you speak of are dinner rolls to be used to sop up the last morsals of flesh.

My question would then have to be; are these rolls wheat rolls or Hawaiian sweet rolls?
Si vis pacem, para bellum
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it- Aristotle
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self- Ernest Hemingway

Offline Ezerharden

• Former Secretary
  • MOC Regional Coordinator, Deputy
  • I don't dial 911
  • First Name (Displayed): Mike
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2012, 12:26:19 PM »
Great. Pat is for another protected class of people.

I think in his reference of "protected rolls" you could translate into the word "pets" lol
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

I carry a gun because a Police Officer is too heavy.

Offline bagz013

« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2012, 02:08:10 PM »
I think in his reference of "protected rolls" you could translate into the word "pets" lol

Well.....I am a good looking man  ;D

Anywhoo....lets get ready to rock this rally fellas!!

Gettin stoked up myself.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it- Aristotle
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self- Ernest Hemingway

Offline prospectpuppet

• First Name (Displayed): Brad
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2012, 07:54:22 PM »
Will you all be attending the rally in Monroe? As of now, I plan to attend. But I work a midnight shift so it depends on how the work load is friday night. Maybe I can't catch a nap after work and join everyone at 11? I'm trying lol anyway, I hope to see you all there. It'd be nice to put a face to these forum names.

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2012, 08:58:12 PM »
I will be there!
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline TheQ

• MOC Lifetime Member
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2012, 09:13:17 PM »
I have news. Our message is getting through! I personally received a call from the majority leader this evening. Him and I have a 10 or 15 minute conversation about this matter. I wanted to let you know we are being heard.

Now on Saturday to Monroe we go to make sure his constituents and any news channel that will listen to us hear our message as well!

This by no diminishes our purpose in showing up Saturday! Now more than ever we much follow up on this rally and show him we can deliver the political heat!

Offline kynaston

• First Name (Displayed): Brian
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2012, 09:57:16 PM »
My wife and I will attend.

Offline Zeteo

• First Name (Displayed): Al
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2012, 10:07:34 PM »
Unfortunately, I cannot attend. I can't get out of work that day.  :( 

I'm hoping my son and his best friend are able to make it.
No law ever prevented a crime.

Offline TheQ

• MOC Lifetime Member
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2012, 10:08:14 PM »
My wife and I will attend.

Great and welcome to our forums!  We hope you'll stay a while.

Offline Ezerharden

• Former Secretary
  • MOC Regional Coordinator, Deputy
  • I don't dial 911
  • First Name (Displayed): Mike
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2012, 11:00:54 PM »
Posted on the FB I think, my wife will be going too but she doesn't OC, yet.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

I carry a gun because a Police Officer is too heavy.

Offline wardog6t

• Go Army, Beat Navy!
    • http://michiganopencarry.org
  • First Name (Displayed): john
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2012, 11:03:32 PM »
Posted info on Michigan Sportsman...
"Any day you don't hear a "POP" and "WHIZ" is a Wonderful day....."

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2012, 12:36:19 AM »
Will you all be attending the rally in Monroe?
I, unfortunately, will not be there.  I will be working, but it's not as simple as taking the day off or getting someone to sub for me.  I am the project manager.  I wrote the contract.  I am the top guy that has to be on site as everyone works for me and I am the only one that can answer questions and solve problems.

I wish everyone success!  I am encouraged to read of the outside contacts made to PH (pres) already!

Offline TheQ

• MOC Lifetime Member
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2012, 06:16:33 AM »
I, unfortunately, will not be there.  I will be working, but it's not as simple as taking the day off or getting someone to sub for me.  I am the project manager.  I wrote the contract.  I am the top guy that has to be on site as everyone works for me and I am the only one that can answer questions and solve problems.

I wish everyone success!  I am encouraged to read of the outside contacts made to PH (pres) already!
Our project manager likes to micro-manage things but he also likes to leave at 4:30 and good luck getting him to answer his cell on the weekend while you're working 24 hours over the weekend!

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2012, 09:16:52 AM »

But you had no trouble making it to the gunboard. Did everyone else have to take off that day also because of your unavailability to solve problems?

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2012, 02:43:02 PM »
I was gone a few minutes and I wasn't managing a construction project that day.  :)

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2012, 02:46:11 PM »
I was gone a few minutes and I wasn't managing a construction project that day.  :)

That's what I like about you, never catch you without an excuse.  ;)

Kinda like Richardville himself.

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2012, 08:24:45 PM »
That's what I like about you, never catch you without an excuse.  ;)
You going?

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2012, 09:59:22 PM »
You going?

I've been in on this since Q and I first talked about doing it months ago. We then got a couple of others on board and now it's an event. So of course I'm going.

Offline ken243

• MOC Member
  • Paramedic
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2012, 06:07:34 AM »
288+ Views and only 10 replies of "I'll be there".......pathetic!!! :(

This is a chance for us to do some really postive things and we only have 10 replies......and 3 of them are Phil's posts!!

What's the excuse for the other 268 people??

Too far/no gas/unreliable car?...there are carpools.

Not enough notice?.....been up on MOC, MGO, and prob OCDO for weeks...not to mention talked about at every OC event for the last 2 months

Can't get off work?......call in sick....or dead cause if we keep letting politicians dictate our 2A rights we will be soon (figuratively of course)

Don't have a babysitter?......bring the kids....it will be the safest place for three counties!!

Don't want to bring food?......who cares!.....Pat doesn't eat food.....just liberals and 1911's

Too many other things going on?.....wake up earlier...go to bed later...or do them on Sunday

Don't know anybody there?....My name is Jeremy.....I like long walks on the beach.....puppies....and shooting things....now you know me.

For every excuse I bet there is a way around it.

Bet if this was a sale on firearms and for only 2 hours you could buy a Sig, Kimber, Para, Colt, S&W, H&K, Rock River, DPMS, Stag, or any other kind of firearm for $30 people would make the time!!!! Prove to me and to the Michigan Legislature that gun owners are just as passionate about gun laws as we are about guns!!!

I know this may come off as an "in your face" post but I can ensure you that, if people show up I will welcome you as a friend and thank you for coming.

I would love to be there. Anyone willing to pick me up from Iraq? Sorry for the short notice.  ;)  People participate when they are able. Many that are unable to come have helped the cause along in other ways. I like many others have written letters to said Reps. I take this time to ask others that are unable to attend to write a letter and show your support. BTW, I did get a response about 10 days later.
Common sense, isn't.
I can't fix stupid.

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2012, 07:20:31 AM »
Thanks for hanging out with us, Ken.  :)