Author Topic: New Member - Oak Park  (Read 5212 times)

Offline Scotchman

• Luke 22:36
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
New Member - Oak Park
« on: August 08, 2012, 04:53:08 PM »
Hi all, I have to thank Dan for nagging me to post. I joined the forum some time ago but ended up posting mostly on OCDO for no other real reason than time constraints. But dan made a good case and I do check other topics often. When I saw about the Conference this Saturday with TheQ -- I signed up for that and had the courage to vote OC-style for the first time. Had a very nervous incident and was glad I learned to keep MSP Update 86 on my at all times I carry  and read all the posts I Can.  I was held for 13 1/2 minutes until the Super could arrive, read it, then let me go. That is the short version. The long version is due to a rookie who could not grasp OC in a PFZ as logical. I needed to say that it was not about logic but it is the Law! (although self-defense IS logical).

I loved the outdoors as a kid and will be getting back to that soon with my own.  My dad was a quiet Nam vet (USMC) and my grandpa was a secret WW2 vet (Army Medic in burma). I did not even learn of that last part until his funeral. So with quiet vets - it took me longer to get patriotic than it should have.

My kids will have a different opportunity! 8)

I hope to meet some of you at the conference and other group events in SE Michigan. I am a Christian Patriot first and everything else after that!

Carry On my brothers (& sisters).

Luke 22:36 * [Jesus said] ... and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

We all hear John 3:16 or Matthew 7:1 - by people who never read the rest of those chapters either.

Offline yance

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Adam
Re: New Member - Oak Park
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 05:23:29 PM »
I read your post over on OCDO and I think you handled the situation quite well.  Hopefully we'll see you around here more often now  ;)

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2012, 05:41:58 PM »
Maybe you can nag Dan to post here too. His insight to law and opinions are some of the more level headed that I have read on OCDO. Both of you should join MOC. I was planning on attending the Q seminar. But I think I'm going to head down to the Bishop Park Picnic. I've seen Q speak. The picnic will be more fun.   ;)
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2012, 06:54:32 PM »
Maybe you can nag Dan to post here too. His insight to law and opinions are some of the more level headed that I have read on OCDO.
Thank you for that.

Dan

(The Dan Scotchman is talking about).

Welcome, Phillip! (I'm griffin at OCDO but gryphon here).

Offline Scotchman

• Luke 22:36
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2012, 07:28:51 PM »
Thanks Dan and my son will be on soon as well.

Glad to be here, honestly!
Luke 22:36 * [Jesus said] ... and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

We all hear John 3:16 or Matthew 7:1 - by people who never read the rest of those chapters either.

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2012, 10:00:51 PM »
Maybe you can nag Dan to post here too. His insight to law and opinions are some of the more level headed that I have read on OCDO. Both of you should join MOC. I was planning on attending the Q seminar. But I think I'm going to head down to the Bishop Park Picnic. I've seen Q speak. The picnic will be more fun.   ;)

Opps I was thinking of the wrong Dan.

But the Dan you meant is kewl too.

Thanks for coaxing the scotch man on board.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline Shadow Bear

• Dark Lord of the Internet
  • MOC Member
  • Human Rights Activist
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2012, 10:54:57 AM »
Welcome from West MI.

Pat, love your sig line!
Its not GUN rights, its HUMAN rights.

Offline Zeteo

• First Name (Displayed): Al
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2012, 09:35:29 AM »
Welcome to the MOC from Lincoln Park. I've only been a member a short time myself (February '12), and have only just recently started OC. Like you, I am trying to be very cognizant of the laws so that when I do OC I have fewer problems.

Carry On

8)
No law ever prevented a crime.

Offline bagz013

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2012, 01:48:46 PM »
Welcome to MOC  8)
Si vis pacem, para bellum
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it- Aristotle
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self- Ernest Hemingway

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2012, 02:00:34 PM »
Welcome from West MI.

Pat, love your sig line!

It's awesome. It's speaks volumes! I spit coffee through my nose when I read it the first time.