Author Topic: Hello from FlatRock  (Read 10401 times)

Offline Rockhunter 1620

• First Name (Displayed): Frank
Hello from FlatRock
« on: August 12, 2012, 08:05:18 PM »
Evening fellers, names Frank, met Randy yesterday at the picnic in Wyandotte. Me and my wife Wendy had a wonderful afternoon meetin folks, And signed up with MOC obviously. Not new to ownin firearms, got my first gun when I was 10, it was a Ruger 22. rifle, and my collection has piled up over the yrs. I'll be 50 in March. Bought my first handgun last year, read up on all the Mi. laws, ran over 300 target rounds through it on private land up north last year throughout the summer to develope some proficiency with it, learned to dis-assemble and re-assemble it in the dark in my sleep, re-read all the laws again, then bought me a holster. So I can openly carry it with confidence. Over time I'll be gettin involved with yer conversations and make postings when I feel the need, but again, Hello to all....RH
Good men learn to conquer others, Great men learn to conquer themselves! Democracy is nothing more than 2 wolves & a sheep voteing on whats for dinner, Liberty is a well armed sheep disputing the vote..B. Franklin

Offline ocdetroit

• STAY STRONG (WE THE PEOPLE).
  • First Name (Displayed): THE BIG O
Re: Hello from FlatRock
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2012, 08:51:51 PM »
WELCOME Carry On
Open carry in Detroit
With both of them.

Offline Shadow Bear

• Dark Lord of the Internet
  • MOC Member
  • Human Rights Activist
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2012, 09:17:37 PM »
Welcome from Grand Rapids!
Its not GUN rights, its HUMAN rights.

Offline Ezerharden

• Former Secretary
  • MOC Regional Coordinator, Deputy
  • I don't dial 911
  • First Name (Displayed): Mike
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2012, 09:18:01 PM »
Welcome from Erie.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

I carry a gun because a Police Officer is too heavy.

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2012, 09:57:56 PM »
Welcome from Okemos. :)

Offline bagz013

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2012, 11:08:25 AM »
Welcome from Livingston County 8)
Si vis pacem, para bellum
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it- Aristotle
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self- Ernest Hemingway

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
Hello from FlatRock
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2012, 11:30:00 AM »
Welcome from Lansing.
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline yance

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Adam
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2012, 05:27:14 PM »
Welcome from Battle Creek, glad to hear you were able to make the picnic hopefully we'll see you and your wife at some more events!

Offline Zeteo

• First Name (Displayed): Al
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2012, 09:23:57 AM »
Welcome from Lincoln Park

:)
No law ever prevented a crime.

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2012, 04:02:01 PM »
Welcome from Mom's basement.

I also, like you, used to have firearms. Sadly they were all lost last winter in a boating accident when I was ice fishing.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline Rockhunter 1620

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2012, 06:35:19 AM »
Thanx fellers, appreciate the hospitality. And we'll be attending functions and outings when we're able, (I do work and I do lots of other stuff, and Weny's father has medical problems to the point of her havin to move back with him, he needs 24hr. care.). But we do make time to git out, it just gits hectic sometimes.
Good men learn to conquer others, Great men learn to conquer themselves! Democracy is nothing more than 2 wolves & a sheep voteing on whats for dinner, Liberty is a well armed sheep disputing the vote..B. Franklin

Offline Rockhunter 1620

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2012, 06:59:33 AM »
Ok man, I'm really sorry, but I'm a little confused with yer posting. I just have a couple Q's. 1rst. off, when one "ice fishes" doesn't one try to catch fish through a hole cut in the ice on a completely frozen lake, traditionaly? As opposed to bein in a boat on open water, I would think? And lastly, why would one be in possession of "all" their guns on a boat in open water in the attempt to catch fish through a hole in the ice on a frozen body of water?????? Again sorry man but the way you worded yer post has me confused. I try to say what I mean, and mean what i say, but, it seems that, that philosophy doesn't apply here. I'm not tryin to be a smart a$$, I'm just askin fer ya to be a little more specific because really! I'm confused. ???
Welcome from Mom's basement.

I also, like you, used to have firearms. Sadly they were all lost last winter in a boating accident when I was ice fishing.

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
Hello from FlatRock
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2012, 07:33:54 AM »
Ok man, I'm really sorry, but I'm a little confused with yer posting. I just have a couple Q's. 1rst. off, when one "ice fishes" doesn't one try to catch fish through a hole cut in the ice on a completely frozen lake, traditionaly? As opposed to bein in a boat on open water, I would think? And lastly, why would one be in possession of "all" their guns on a boat in open water in the attempt to catch fish through a hole in the ice on a frozen body of water?????? Again sorry man but the way you worded yer post has me confused. I try to say what I mean, and mean what i say, but, it seems that, that philosophy doesn't apply here. I'm not tryin to be a smart a$$, I'm just askin fer ya to be a little more specific because really! I'm confused. ???

That's the answer he'll give when they come looking for his guns cone confiscation time.
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2012, 10:38:17 AM »

I don't like to fish from shore or standing around. I like to fish from a boat. So my load my guns (in case we need to dispatch a dangerous fish), my tackle, the trolling motor, a chainsaw, and a cooler (to keep the fish from spoiling) all in the 14' aluminum boat. I chose this size because it is easier to drag it with all the gear on the ice.  I'd take a larger boat. But then I'd have to trailer it with my truck. And then there's the problem of finding a place to park park out on the lake with all the other ice fishermen.

Once I get to the fishing spot I use the chainsaw to cut a hole in the ice and I launch the boat. Well last year the hole started to freeze around the boat making it hard to cast. So i cut a small hole in the bottom og the boat to fish through. Everything was going fine until I hooked some massive fish and I wasn't able to keep baling fast enough while trying to land the fish at the same time. Needless to say the boat sank. The fish got away. And all of my guns were lost to the bottom of the lake. And I had a helluva time pulling the boat back out of the water.

I have since fixed the baling problem. I picked up a sump pump and 100' of fire-hose. I also have a Honda 5500 watt generator along with 2 5 gallon gas cans to take next winter. I figure 10 gallons of gas should run the generator long enough to enjoy a full day of ice fishing in the boat next winter. And the generator should be powerful enough to run my electric heaters too.  8)

Offline ocdetroit

• STAY STRONG (WE THE PEOPLE).
  • First Name (Displayed): THE BIG O
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2012, 01:16:18 PM »
Welcome From DETROIT. Carry On.
Open carry in Detroit
With both of them.

Offline yance

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Adam
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2012, 05:21:13 PM »
I don't like to fish from shore or standing around. I like to fish from a boat. So my load my guns (in case we need to dispatch a dangerous fish), my tackle, the trolling motor, a chainsaw, and a cooler (to keep the fish from spoiling) all in the 14' aluminum boat. I chose this size because it is easier to drag it with all the gear on the ice.  I'd take a larger boat. But then I'd have to trailer it with my truck. And then there's the problem of finding a place to park park out on the lake with all the other ice fishermen.

Once I get to the fishing spot I use the chainsaw to cut a hole in the ice and I launch the boat. Well last year the hole started to freeze around the boat making it hard to cast. So i cut a small hole in the bottom og the boat to fish through. Everything was going fine until I hooked some massive fish and I wasn't able to keep baling fast enough while trying to land the fish at the same time. Needless to say the boat sank. The fish got away. And all of my guns were lost to the bottom of the lake. And I had a helluva time pulling the boat back out of the water.

I have since fixed the baling problem. I picked up a sump pump and 100' of fire-hose. I also have a Honda 5500 watt generator along with 2 5 gallon gas cans to take next winter. I figure 10 gallons of gas should run the generator long enough to enjoy a full day of ice fishing in the boat next winter. And the generator should be powerful enough to run my electric heaters too.  8)

That is great.  Cheer for you sir!

Offline Ezerharden

• Former Secretary
  • I don't dial 911
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2012, 07:08:17 PM »

That is one reason (falling through the ice) that my idea of ice fishing is the frozen food section of Meijer lol

Offline Rockhunter 1620

« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2012, 09:17:45 AM »
Thanx fer clarifying, I understand now, way too cool, obviously you know what yer doin. I, myself have 3 fish houses, 1 homemade that gets set and left, and 2 portable pop-ups so I can "stick & move". Don't fish inland lakes so much, as I prefer the inlet coves and marina's along the Det. river and lake erie, but anyways, cool beans 8)

Offline TucTom

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Tom
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2012, 06:03:35 PM »

Have you thought of using an inflatable? Think of the ease of transportation!

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2012, 06:19:53 PM »
The heat from the electric heaters would melt it. And it takes way too long to blow one up.

Offline Shadow Bear

• Dark Lord of the Internet
  • MOC Member
  • Human Rights Activist
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2012, 07:46:14 PM »

Keep it in the passenger seat and ride in the HOV lane! Oh, not that kind of inflatable..... :o
Its not GUN rights, its HUMAN rights.

Offline Scotchman

• Luke 22:36
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2012, 10:19:37 PM »
Welcome; I grew up in FR.

Glad your getting involved before it's too late ;-)

Luke 22:36 * [Jesus said] ... and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

We all hear John 3:16 or Matthew 7:1 - by people who never read the rest of those chapters either.

Offline bignaz

« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2012, 08:54:05 AM »
Little late but better late then never. Welcome i'm also from Flat Rock.

Offline wardog6t

• Go Army, Beat Navy!
    • http://michiganopencarry.org
  • First Name (Displayed): john
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2012, 09:05:12 PM »
Right on, Flat Rock here is well. Hmm I see a huroc park OC meetup in the future?
"Any day you don't hear a "POP" and "WHIZ" is a Wonderful day....."

Offline bignaz

« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2012, 12:22:16 AM »
We can do that.

Soulfyre65

« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2012, 03:16:45 PM »
Welcome from Belleville. I realize this is an old post.....but, I just joined MOC. I work in the level pebble. I'm sure that i've seen you. I run an auto parts store there.

Offline .40 Cal

• MOC Member
  • Flat Rock, Michigan
  • First Name (Displayed): John
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2012, 04:30:55 PM »
Small world.. I live in Flat Rock... I think an OC meet is in deed in order fellas... 8)
I carry a firearm because their are real threats in the world and when seconds count; the Police are minutes away!

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2012, 10:28:17 PM »
Small world.. I live in Flat Rock... I think an OC meet is in deed in order fellas... 8)
I'm game for a MOC gathering in Flat Rock. If you'll locate a place for a meet and greet, I'll help put it on with you. PM me and I'll exchange contact info with you. Wartdog might even be able to suggest a venue.

Offline Ezerharden

• Former Secretary
  • I don't dial 911
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2012, 10:41:36 PM »
Erie isn't that far from Flat Rock to go for some food.