Author Topic: OC at Dream Cruise  (Read 7727 times)

Offline rampage537

• First Name (Displayed): Greg
OC at Dream Cruise
« on: August 18, 2012, 12:53:31 PM »
I have a question, I would like to OC at the Dream Cruise today. I don't not currently have a CPL. Am I allowed to go in parking lots such as the Dodge display at 13 and Woodward (Kroger parking lot) and be ok?

Thank you
The right of citizens to bear arms is just one guarantee against arbitrary government, one more safeguard, against the tyranny which now appears remote in America but which historically has proven to be always possible. Hubert H. Humphrey, Senator, Vice President, 22 October 1959

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
Re: OC at Dream Cruise
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2012, 05:57:12 PM »
I would not OC (posses a firearm) on the premises of a prohibited place without a CPL. I would transport (in a firearm container separated from the ammo in the trunk) in those places, however.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline rampage537

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2012, 09:33:41 PM »
Thank you, and that is what I figured. I just wanted confirmation.

I OC'ed for about 4 hours during the Dream Cruise around 9 mile and then between 13 and 14 mile road, only staying on public walk ways with no issues. Six LEO walked by me and don't think they even noticed. A couple of people walked by me and said good for you that you are OC'ing and one person that was CC'ing walked up and asked me some questions about OC'ing cause she was told that since she had her CPL she could not OC. I told her that she was taught incorrectly and I directed her here.
The right of citizens to bear arms is just one guarantee against arbitrary government, one more safeguard, against the tyranny which now appears remote in America but which historically has proven to be always possible. Hubert H. Humphrey, Senator, Vice President, 22 October 1959

Offline onnie0047@gmail.com

• MOC Leadership
    • Randys Old Time Radio Shows
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2012, 09:35:26 PM »
a good day to OC!!!
I am not a Cop, nor a Lawyer, not even a Medical Doctor, but I did once play a Klingon at Universal Studios!

Offline rampage537

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2012, 09:37:28 PM »
Thank you and that is what I figured just wanted confirmation. I am currently OCing at the Dream Cruise but only staying on public side walks. Been here almost two hours and don't think anyone has even noticed. I did see one other person. Wish I saw more people open carrying here.

Offline rampage537

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2012, 09:39:29 PM »
sorry about that last message, my phone finally decided to send the post i was trying to post hours ago lol

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2012, 09:40:34 PM »
Thanks for the MOC plug, Greg.

MY girl and I OC'd in Downtown Birmingham today. And along Woodward there also. The reserve LEO at the PD trailer gawked. Someone commented to their partner that we must have a permit. Otherwise another event free day of OC'g for both of us on foot and on the bike.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline rampage537

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2012, 09:50:46 PM »
That is great to to hear your day was event free also. Hopefully others were the same. I really was expecting some flack being that LEO were everywhere and a mobile command was in the center of Woodward. But it is more refreshing that people don't care and are excepting to it.

Offline emt805

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2012, 02:40:39 AM »
OCed several hours 9 & Woodward Friday. Lots of Leos due to being the emergency vehicle show. Not a word or comment from anyone as it should be.

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
OC at Dream Cruise
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2012, 07:53:07 AM »
@OP

Did you OC while on a bike?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 05:47:45 PM by TheQ »
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline bagz013

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2012, 01:32:15 PM »
@OP

Did you OC while on you bike?

Unless I missed something....Pat was the one on the bike.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it- Aristotle
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self- Ernest Hemingway

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2012, 01:39:31 PM »
Unless I missed something....Pat was the one on the bike.

And both of us have CPLs. So the whole OC on a motorcycle discussion is moot.

Offline TheQ

• MOC Lifetime Member
OC at Dream Cruise
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2012, 02:34:31 PM »
The OP said in the OP s/he didn't have a CPL

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2012, 03:08:48 PM »
The OP said in the OP s/he didn't have a CPL

But the OP didn't mention anything about a bike.

Offline TheQ

• MOC Lifetime Member
OC at Dream Cruise
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2012, 03:28:59 PM »
But the OP didn't mention anything about a bike.

Thus post #10, directed to the OP.

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2012, 05:11:01 PM »
Thus post #10, directed to the OP.

What kind of bike does the OP have?

Offline TheQ

• MOC Lifetime Member
OC at Dream Cruise
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2012, 05:47:14 PM »
What kind of bike does the OP have?

He didn't say one way or another, that's why I asked…

Offline rampage537

« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2012, 07:04:28 PM »
I transported it legally to a relatives house, then OC'ed carried it from there. I do have a bike (2006 Harley Nighttrain) but have not OC'ed on it. I am very cautious of what i do until i get my CPL. Its week number 4 waiting for the CPL so hopefully it will be here soon. I don't have any intentions of CC'ing when I get it though.

Offline TheQ

• MOC Lifetime Member
OC at Dream Cruise
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2012, 07:24:38 PM »
I transported it legally to a relatives house, then OC'ed carried it from there. I do have a bike (2006 Harley Nighttrain) but have not OC'ed on it. I am very cautious of what i do until i get my CPL. Its week number 4 waiting for the CPL so hopefully it will be here soon. I don't have any intentions of CC'ing when I get it though.

Thanks for the info! We hope you get your CPL soon as well.