Author Topic: Founder of Crossbreed Holsters dies  (Read 8126 times)

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan

Offline Super Trucker

• MOC Member
Re: Founder of Crossbreed Holsters dies
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 09:19:57 PM »
I will not lose any sleep over this and feel the world is now a better place.

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 09:46:33 PM »
Um, what?

Offline Super Trucker

• MOC Member
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2012, 10:15:51 PM »
It is sad to see anybody die, but I lost ALL respect for him years ago. My opinion of him is that he was a hypocrite and just a bad person.

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2012, 10:33:39 PM »
I lost ALL respect for him years ago. My opinion of him is that he was a hypocrite and just a bad person.
As far as I know, everyone who knew him personally had a very high regard of him.  I don't know him.  I just own one of his great holsters, and I did speak with him once on the phone.  He seemed very nice and very customer-oriented.

Offline Super Trucker

• MOC Member
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2012, 11:20:07 PM »
As far as I know, everyone who knew him personally had a very high regard of him.  I don't know him.  I just own one of his great holsters, and I did speak with him once on the phone.  He seemed very nice and very customer-oriented.

There are a few threads on MGO where people list flaws/problems with his products. There are a few threads where he is engaged in conversations with those who had the problems and he was a real dick about it. I bought one of his holsters and it was crap, I talked to him a few times on the phone and lost any respect for him after hearing what a hypocrite he was.

His products are a cheap copy of another holster that he tries to get people to think are "his idea", after people use other equipment they learn what a disappointment they really own.
He basically sells the Serpa of IWB holsters.

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2012, 11:30:40 PM »
His products are a cheap copy of another holster

Are you referring to the Comp-Tac Minotaur MTAC?   Tucker Gunleather's "The Answer?"  I thought about trying an MTAC for my next CC holster, but I never got around to it since I switched to OC.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 11:53:34 PM by gryphon »

Offline Super Trucker

• MOC Member
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2012, 07:19:41 AM »
Tucker's "The Answer" the original and hands down better product.

Crossbreed said because of his faith he refused to make a holster for a person who didn't want the cross on it; a little secret is he sells holsters to kahr with the kahr logo rather than the cross. The owner of kahr is the son of the founder of the moonie religion. Coincidence? Either way he lied because of a big sale.

Bottom line in my opinion he was not the great person many thought he was.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 07:28:38 AM by Super Trucker »

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2012, 12:53:32 PM »
Tucker's "The Answer" the original and hands down better product.

Crossbreed said because of his faith he refused to make a holster for a person who didn't want the cross on it; a little secret is he sells holsters to kahr with the kahr logo rather than the cross. The owner of kahr is the son of the founder of the moonie religion. Coincidence? Either way he lied because of a big sale.

Bottom line in my opinion he was not the great person many thought he was.

I just love those that use "faith" as a marketing tool.

Ultimately it is mammon that they serve.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update