Author Topic: Et tu, Steak n' Shake? Ejected for OC  (Read 6951 times)

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
Et tu, Steak n' Shake? Ejected for OC
« on: August 27, 2012, 08:06:54 PM »
I don't think this worked out quite like the manager expected.

Cliff's notes:

Some people decided to eat at Steak n' Shake a few nights ago, and at least one was open carrying.  After a time, the manager walked up to them and demanded they either take their guns to the car or he would refuse service.  They declined, so he refused to serve them.  They got up and walked out just as their food was being delivered to their table.

Fast forward to today.  One guy who read the thread told a buddy whose wife works at Steak n' Shake corporate.  They both know and are friends with Steak n' Shake's Vice President, Ken Faulkner.  The manager has now been "talked" to and this will not be a problem again.  As many of us know, Steak n' Shake does not have a customer gun policy.   People have been asked to let him know if they have any more problems with any S&S restaurant.

http://ingunowners.com/forums/carry_issues_and_self_defense/231766-et_tu_steak_n_shake_ejected_for_oc.html
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 11:30:32 PM by gryphon »

Offline drtodd

• MOC Member
  • MOC Charter Member
Re: Re: Et tu, Steak n' Shake? Ejected for OC
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 08:29:39 PM »
I don't think this worked out like the manager expected.

Cliff's notes:

Some people decided to eat at Steak n' Shake a few nights ago, and at least one was open carrying.  After a time, the manager walked up to them and demanded they either take their guns to the car or he would refuse service.  They declined, so he refused to serve them.  They got up and walked out just as their food was being delivered to their table.

Fast forward to today.  One guy who read the thread told a buddy who's wife works at Steak n' Shake corporate.  They both know and are friends with Steak n' Shake's Vice President, Ken Faulkner.  The manager has now been "talked" to and this will not be a problem again.  As many of us know, Steak n' Shake does not have a customer gun policy.   People have been asked to let him know if they have any more problems with any S&S restaurant.

http://ingunowners.com/forums/carry_issues_and_self_defense/231766-et_tu_steak_n_shake_ejected_for_oc.html

I have to give Steak-n-Shake's VP credit for doing the right thing; rare indeed.
"The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime." Miller v. U.S. 230 F 486 at 489

"Where rights as secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no rule making or legislation which will abrogate them." Miranda v. Ariz., 384 U.S. 436 at 491 (1966).

Offline Pond Scum

• MOC Lifetime Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Glenn
Re: Et tu, Steak n' Shake? Ejected for OC
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2012, 08:38:57 PM »
I OC'd into the Steak & Shake on Alpine NW in Grand Rapids a couple of weeks ago without problems.  Walked in, sat down, ate dinner, got up and left without a glance or comment.   But, I don't think anybody noticed .... even my grand daughter didn't notice the full size hard chrome 1911 with green mother of pearl grips in a Serpa on my right hip until I stood up to leave.... and she was sitting on my right side. 

People see what they want to see .... and I look like a grey haired fat old man that nobody worries about!   :o

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2012, 08:56:51 PM »
chrome 1911 with green mother of pearl grips
Got a pic?  That's quite a combination.

Offline Pond Scum

• MOC Lifetime Member
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2012, 10:18:17 PM »
Got a pic?  That's quite a combination.

Since you asked!  This is a American Classic Trophy in Hard Chrome made by Metro Arms in the Phillipines.  It is a good running gun.  Over 2200 rounds through it and I vaguely remember 1 FTF about 2180 rounds ago.   I think it looks good.  MSU colors!    8)

And here is a picture of my American Classic hard chrome Commander with some Red Heart Grips custom made by Bronson!    :D

« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 10:23:34 PM by Pond Scum »

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2012, 11:34:43 PM »
Nice!

Oh, and is that you in the pics?  If so, I want your diet info!

Offline Pond Scum

• MOC Lifetime Member
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2012, 12:20:55 AM »
Nice!

Oh, and is that you in the pics?  If so, I want your diet info!

Take a deep breath and then blow it out suck your stomach up into your chest!    ;D

After I got all dressed up for the picture we went to Grand Coney on Michigan Street in GR for a chocolate malt!  This is part of the diet plan also ... load up on calories at midnight!  No comments directly to me but when we entered the waitress took a look and said, "Oh my." under her breath.

Offline Shadow Bear

• Dark Lord of the Internet
  • MOC Member
  • Human Rights Activist
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2012, 11:40:23 AM »
Take a deep breath and then blow it out suck your stomach up into your chest!    ;D

After I got all dressed up for the picture we went to Grand Coney on Michigan Street in GR for a chocolate malt!  This is part of the diet plan also ... load up on calories at midnight!  No comments directly to me but when we entered the waitress took a look and said, "Oh my." under her breath.

Was she looking at your gun? ;)
Its not GUN rights, its HUMAN rights.

Offline Pond Scum

• MOC Lifetime Member
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2012, 12:01:24 PM »
Was she looking at your gun? ;)

She could have been looking at my wife. She is darn scary!  At least she scares the heck outta me!
 :P

Offline yance

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Adam
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2012, 01:46:45 PM »
Nice choice going with the American Classic, I had one and I absolutely loved it.  I need to get another one.

Offline Bronson

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2012, 01:24:32 AM »
Don't let Pondy fool you.  He is a dashing gentleman that makes the ladies swoon.  He's like a younger Sean Connery or an older Brad Pitt.

;D

Bronson
Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. – Thomas Paine

Offline Pond Scum

• MOC Lifetime Member
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2012, 09:35:29 PM »
Don't let Pondy fool you.  He is a dashing gentleman that makes the ladies swoon.  He's like a younger Sean Connery or an older Brad Pitt.

;D

Bronson

Me thinks that Bronson it trying to fool the good people here at MOC!   :)