Author Topic: Gun Seminar Bass Pro @ GLX May 14, 15, and 16th.  (Read 5986 times)

stainless1911

Gun Seminar Bass Pro @ GLX May 14, 15, and 16th.
« on: May 06, 2010, 12:31:20 AM »
Gun Seminar

Friday May 14

6pm. Right gun/ right caliber

7pm. Its the Law discussion

8pm. Reloading basics

Saturday 15th, and Sunday May 16th,

1pm. Right gun/ right caliber

2pm. Its the Law discussion

3pm. Reloading basics

4pm. what is a CPL?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 04:47:24 PM by viperar15-adm »

Offline Bronson

Re: Gin Seminar Bass Pro @ GLX May 14, 15, and 16th.
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010, 01:47:01 AM »
Stainless, I'm surprised at your post.  I thought you've always stated that guns and alcohol don't mix and now you're supporting a gin seminar?

I'm shocked

;D ;D

Bronson
Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. – Thomas Paine

Offline DanM

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2010, 08:55:56 AM »
I called BPS at GLX this morning about getting on the agenda as a speaker about open carry, during the "It's the Law" discussions.  This BPS is just down the road from me.  The guy I need to speak to will be there later today, so I have to call back.  Updates to follow.

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Ryan
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010, 09:23:59 AM »
Thank you for looking into this I agree it would be good to have someone at this that knows the regulations surrounding OC! As you never know what the LEO might tell them...
Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Offline DanM

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2010, 03:02:24 PM »
Update: No problem with the manager of this event, I'll be there to bring awareness and answer questions about OC, all three days.  Found out another OC'er will be there as well, so we'll have it covered.

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Ryan
Re: Gun Seminar Bass Pro @ GLX May 14, 15, and 16th.
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2010, 06:01:46 PM »
Good job Dan! Let me know if you need any materials. 
Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Offline sprinklerguy28

• Webb Tactical
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2010, 09:03:26 PM »
All 3 days of the event will have an "It's the law segment". The segments all 3 days will be a presentation on open carry. A big thank you goes out to Bass Pro for contacting me to set this up. Also a table will be setup up during the entire event to hand out literature and educate on open carry.

Thanks to DanM for volunteering to speak Saturday as well as being there all 3 days. I know another has volunteered as well I have no name but thank you to whoever you are. I have Friday and Sunday covered. Thank you to Jeff and MOC for stepping up quickly and providing man power and literature for this event. Anyone else who is interested in coming out to Bass Pro is welcome. There will be lots of people looking for guidance on OC.

The OC seminar times

Friday 7pm
Saturday 2pm
Sunday 2pm

The event itself is

Friday 6-9pm
Saturday 1-5pm
Sunday 1-5pm

Offline northofnowhere

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2010, 09:20:17 PM »
Took the range portion of my CPL at the range at that Bass Pro Shop.  Nice store.  Kinda beats the hardware store here hands down, but when you live with the bears and Yoopers, your choice for ammo is kinda lame.  After we rid Michigan of criminals and uneducated folk, can our next world domination goal be a Bass Pro Shop every hundred miles?  Good job getting in on the education portion, very well done.
Jason E. Reese aka northofnowher

Offline FatboyCykes

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2010, 05:50:17 AM »
All 3 days of the event will have an "It's the law segment". The segments all 3 days will be a presentation on open carry. A big thank you goes out to Bass Pro for contacting me to set this up. Also a table will be setup up during the entire event to hand out literature and educate on open carry.

Thanks to DanM for volunteering to speak Saturday as well as being there all 3 days. I know another has volunteered as well I have no name but thank you to whoever you are. I have Friday and Sunday covered. Thank you to Jeff and MOC for stepping up quickly and providing man power and literature for this event. Anyone else who is interested in coming out to Bass Pro is welcome. There will be lots of people looking for guidance on OC.

The OC seminar times

Friday 7pm
Saturday 2pm
Sunday 2pm

The event itself is

Friday 6-9pm
Saturday 1-5pm
Sunday 1-5pm

Awesome SG!  I'm going to give it my best shot making it out there either Friday or Sunday or both >.>

Offline RandyK

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2010, 01:03:59 AM »
Tho it was last minute, turned out very good tonite at Bass Pro. Everybody in the seminar was very impressed. Out of a group of about 25, signed 5 new members and 3 or 4 more that were going to mail it in. Can't wait to see how many we get by the end of the weekend! The more members we get the stronger we become! Anybody thats available tomorrow stop by around 2:00 and give DanM a hand since he may be flying solo. Thank you to Bass Pro Shops for this great opportunity for our organization. Oh yea, thanks to Scott, Rob and Dan without you guys this wouldn't have happened either.    
« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 08:05:43 AM by RandyK »