Author Topic: Gun Stolen from Customer  (Read 6407 times)

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
Gun Stolen from Customer
« on: September 04, 2012, 02:40:42 PM »
I guess this guy wasn't "carrying" while he was carrying.

Columbus (IN) police are looking for a man who robbed a shopper of a high-powered rifle outside a Walmart. The incident happened Monday afternoon outside the store on the city‘s west side.  Officers say the shopper had just bought a rifle and ammunition at the store when he was approached by a man in the parking lot.
http://www.wsvx.com/Gun-stolen-from-customer/14151205
http://www.wishtv.com/dpp/news/crime/police-man-robbed-of-high-powered-rifle-in-walmart-parking-lot

More info with pic of bad guy as he was exiting the store (looks like theft detection panel in pic). I bet he was hanging around the gun counter waiting for someone to buy a gun, then went outside and waited for the buyer to exit.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/31409683/detail.html
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 02:55:10 PM by gryphon »

Offline METL

Re: Gun Stolen from Customer
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 02:58:12 PM »
Ack!   We all know what else could go down like this...     :-/

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 07:57:57 PM by gryphon »

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2012, 08:57:59 PM »
Something similar happened a couple of years ago in Florida.

3 guys at the range/store were leaving. The range/store had a policy of no loaded guns outside of the range area. So the 3 guys walked out of the range/store with their unloaded and encased pistols.

When then pulled into their driveway at home, a car pulled up and blocked the driveway. 2 guys jumped out and robbed the 3 of their unloaded and encased guns.

A review of the surveillance tape at the range/store showed the perps walking out behind the victims.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2012, 10:18:53 PM »
Bad on the range/store for those rules. Double bad on the guys for not arming once they left the store.

Bet they don't make that mistake again.

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
Gun Stolen from Customer
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2012, 10:32:03 PM »
Bad on the range/store for those rules. Double bad on the guys for not arming once they left the store.

Bet they don't make that mistake again.

Triple bad on them for not being aware of their situation and allowing themselves to be filed home. I live in the city, if I notice anyone who follows me the three turns after I get into the neighborhood to my street, I don't pull into my house and I keep going on a run around in my neighborhood until they stop following.
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline Super Trucker

• MOC Member
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2012, 10:41:14 PM »
Triple bad on them for not being aware of their situation and allowing themselves to be filed home. I live in the city, if I notice anyone who follows me the three turns after I get into the neighborhood to my street, I don't pull into my house and I keep going on a run around in my neighborhood until they stop following.

I must be the only one thinking that they shouldn't have been at a business that had such silly rules in the first place.

Offline Shadow Bear

• Dark Lord of the Internet
  • MOC Member
  • Human Rights Activist
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2012, 11:35:19 AM »
I must be the only one thinking that they shouldn't have been at a business that had such silly rules in the first place.

No, you're spot on!
Its not GUN rights, its HUMAN rights.

Offline bagz013

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2012, 05:03:26 PM »
Not in IN !!!!  :o :o
Si vis pacem, para bellum
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it- Aristotle
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self- Ernest Hemingway