Author Topic: Tasered while brandishing  (Read 12144 times)

Offline ken243

• MOC Member
  • Paramedic
Tasered while brandishing
« on: September 10, 2012, 01:48:05 PM »
Unreal. Talk about a crazy situation. I must say just by the video, this person had cause to use deadly force... These officers should at best be fired and imprisoned.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 02:24:16 PM by TheQ »
Common sense, isn't.
I can't fix stupid.

Offline fozzy71

Re: Tasered for open carry
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 02:26:21 PM »
There is a lot more to the story than what you can see in the video (which is almost nothing) - http://www.policeone.com/police-products/less-lethal/TASER/articles/4205890-Video-Police-TASER-gun-wielding-suspect/

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
Tasered for open carry
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 02:36:14 PM »
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline METL

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2012, 03:36:31 PM »
Sounds as if the guy was OCing in his hand, stainless style...    Better video here:

http://www.policeone.com/police-products/less-lethal/TASER/articles/4205890-Video-Police-TASER-gun-wielding-suspect/

Offline ken243

• MOC Member
  • Paramedic
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2012, 04:51:27 PM »
With the reply's this is according to police that are going to go along with each others stories. I think the lesson is here to carry a voice and video recorder... I carry at least 2......
Common sense, isn't.
I can't fix stupid.

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2012, 06:51:34 PM »
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline Shadow Bear

• Dark Lord of the Internet
  • MOC Member
  • Human Rights Activist
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2012, 07:29:50 PM »
Why a link to the brainless1911.org forum?

Entertainment value? :o
Its not GUN rights, its HUMAN rights.

Offline Shadow Bear

• MOC Member
  • Human Rights Activist
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2012, 07:38:12 PM »
Unreal. Talk about a crazy situation. I must say just by the video, this person had cause to use deadly force... These officers should at best be fired and imprisoned.

Those officers showed exception restraint. Based on the additional info, he clearly was a threat to others in the complex office. He got off lucky.

Offline WilDChilD

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2012, 11:05:11 PM »
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=106739

I am with pat. Why would you link people to that trash thread? [sarcasm]Best part about that thread is how the mods stand up for him.[/sarcasm]

Offline METL

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2012, 12:11:46 PM »
brainless1911.com is available for $13.99...  hehe...

Offline ken243

• MOC Member
  • Paramedic
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2012, 03:31:00 PM »
Indeed it is hard to say what the real story is here. After some research it shows that the police dept is under or about to be under investigation from the DOJ. There have been multiple uses of their tasters illegally, at least one "questionable" shooting and multiple criminal offenses by officers just in the last few months. Overall with this story there is very little further to be found. Which in itself makes me suspicious.

I will second that this is yet another reminder to carry at least one audio/video recorder.
Common sense, isn't.
I can't fix stupid.

Offline yance

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Adam
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2012, 07:02:48 PM »
Sounds as if the guy was OCing in his hand, stainless style...    Better video here:

http://www.policeone.com/police-products/less-lethal/TASER/articles/4205890-Video-Police-TASER-gun-wielding-suspect/

If the events unfolded like this ^^ article says they did I don't fault the police for their actions.  However, in a world of he said/ she said, we'll just have to wait until the investigation is over to really ascertain what happened. 

But perfect example of why audio recording devices are paramount while carrying a firearm, concealed or openly.

Offline wardog6t

• Go Army, Beat Navy!
    • http://michiganopencarry.org
  • First Name (Displayed): john
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2012, 07:42:08 PM »
Why a link to the brainless1911.org forum?

Seriously. TheQ has issue's with linking to other sites rather then having the ,a discussion here? Sup with that Q?
"Any day you don't hear a "POP" and "WHIZ" is a Wonderful day....."

Offline METL

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2012, 09:03:47 AM »
I can't believe the cops didn't blow him away!!!  He should be THANKING them for tasering him instead of giving him LEAD POISONING.

Offline bagz013

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2012, 01:03:36 PM »
PSGWSP!!!!

And he just won a free round of electro shock therapy
Si vis pacem, para bellum
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it- Aristotle
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self- Ernest Hemingway

Offline METL

« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2012, 01:55:06 PM »
Why are we referring to this guy as an OCer?   Doesn't seem like he was OCing to me....    I think the subject should be edited.

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2012, 02:22:18 PM »
Why are we referring to this guy as an OCer?   Doesn't seem like he was OCing to me....    I think the subject should be edited.

It's the new "IHOC" that is being promoted on "that other" open carry forum by it's "revenue enhancement mascot".

It's the new way to open carry if you're wearing a garbage bag or don't have enough holsters.

ETA: All i hear in the video is... "Put the gun down." And... "Drop the gun."

I do not hear... "Take the gun out of your pocket and put it down."

A reasonable person (of which I have not been accused of) would conclude that the criminal in this case was actually IHOC and not OC in a holster. I think he is quite lucky to be still sucking the valuable air that the rest of us need. Culling of the herd would have been appropriate.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline ken243

• MOC Member
  • Paramedic
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2012, 06:24:04 PM »
It's the new "IHOC" that is being promoted on "that other" open carry forum by it's "revenue enhancement mascot".

It's the new way to open carry if you're wearing a garbage bag or don't have enough holsters.

ETA: All i hear in the video is... "Put the gun down." And... "Drop the gun."

I do not hear... "Take the gun out of your pocket and put it down."

A reasonable person (of which I have not been accused of) would conclude that the criminal in this case was actually IHOC and not OC in a holster. I think he is quite lucky to be still sucking the valuable air that the rest of us need. Culling of the herd would have been appropriate.

turn it up and you can hear one of them say "it is in his pocket". With that and other commands to put the gun down that seems to be in his pocket.... Not sure about this one. The parts do not fit together for either side.
Common sense, isn't.
I can't fix stupid.

Offline Shadow Bear

• MOC Member
  • Human Rights Activist
Re: Tasered while brandishing
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2012, 08:20:47 PM »
Based on his reported actions PRIOR to this recording, it sounds like he was a psych case looking for suicide by cop :o

OC, IHOC or CCIP, he got off lucky.

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2012, 11:22:51 PM »
turn it up and you can hear one of them say "it is in his pocket". With that and other commands to put the gun down that seems to be in his pocket.... Not sure about this one. The parts do not fit together for either side.

I listened a couple times and heard "It's in his left pocket."

Offline METL

Re: Tasered while brandishing
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2012, 12:12:20 PM »
I believe it was NOT in his pocket but was placed there rather than placed on the ground as instructed.  OF course this is just conjecture...   

I def. agree he is lucky to be on the right side of the dirt currently.