Author Topic: Recoil magazine goes anti-freedom  (Read 16839 times)

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
Re: Recoil magazine goes anti-freedom
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2012, 02:43:53 PM »
I've been periodically checking on Daniel Defense, waiting to see if they came on board, and wondering why not.  Now I know.

+++++

This response was prepared on Monday, 9/10/2012, but Daniel Defense feels that in no way should a statement have been released that could have distracted Americans from what the true focus of yesterday should have been, the healing and remembrance of the nearly 3,000 Americans that were taken from us on 9/11/2001.

As a manufacturer of premium modern sporting rifles, it goes without being said, Daniel Defense’s very existence depends on the Second Amendment and the individual American citizen’s God given right to keep and bear arms. Daniel Defense’s stance has always been clear and unwavering in regards to this topic: Daniel Defense supports the individual American citizen’s right to own firearms regardless of the type or classification of firearms designated by the United States Government.

Over the last few days, Daniel Defense has been made aware of comments made in an article that was printed in the most recent issue of RECOIL Magazine.

As an advertiser in RECOIL Magazine, Daniel Defense feels it is prudent to make clear our company’s position in regards to the comments made in the article. Daniel Defense does not condone or in any way dismiss the comments made by the author nor are those statements reflective of Daniel Defense’s core values and beliefs.

Daniel Defense continues to demonstrate its support of the Second Amendment by providing National Firearms Act short barreled rifles to the US commercial market. These are the same firearms and/or upper receiver groups that Daniel Defense offers to US Special Operation Command, further defining Daniel Defense’s position relative to regulations imposed by the US Government.

Daniel Defense will continue to judiciously investigating this matter and monitor RECOIL’s response in order make a prudent and reasonable determination of what action will be taken.

https://www.facebook.com/DanielDefense

It's not until you get down to the comments that you see this:
Future ads have been suspended until we feel satisfied in the corrective action they have taken.

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2012, 04:11:42 PM »
Now we hear from HK.  Posted just a few minutes ago.

Some readers have misinterpreted a recent feature story in RECOIL magazine as a reflection of HK policy. Heckler & Koch has a long presence in the US civilian market and throughout that time has been an ardent and passionate supporter of the Second Amendment and the American civilian shooter. This will always be the case. The contents, opinions, and statements expressed in that feature story are those of the writer, not Heckler and Koch’s.

The HK MP7A1 4.6 mm Personal Defense Weapon mentioned in the story...HK-USA has previously researched introducing similar commercial products, chambered in 4.6 mm, but it was determined that the final product would not have enough appeal or be legally feasible.

— Heckler & Koch USA

http://www.facebook.com/pages/HK-Pro-Shooting-Team/136807359702070?ref=stream

HK makes it clear they would be willing to sell a civilian version if there was a market for it, and the words in the article were those of RECOIL only, not them.

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2012, 05:30:27 PM »
HK has always answered to market forces. The latest example has been their piston operated civilian version of the HK416. Also, when initially considered they were not going to make the uppers compatible with standard mil-spec AR platforms. Again, when market forces presented themselves, HK modified the final product to meet with demand of the US civilian market.

This, along with their supieror quality, makes HK THE premier firearms manufacturer in the world.

Yes, I drink the HK kool-aid. Mixed with the Colt kool-aid, of course.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2012, 02:23:41 AM »
He is working on a news letter...
Vacation time. I am going to be traveling through the South and Southwest for the next four weeks, so I don't know how much I will get accomplished on the coding front.  Will have opportunities to OC in many states, though.

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2012, 09:42:32 AM »
Vacation time. I am going to be traveling through the South and Southwest for the next four weeks, so I don't know how much I will get accomplished on the coding front.  Will have opportunities to OC in many states, though.

You're going on vacation?!?!?

What will they do at work without you?

How will problems get solved?

Who will direct the work force?

How will anything get accomplished?!?!?

Don't you have a committee working on the newsletter? Autosurgeon has a committee working on the tri-folds.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
Recoil magazine goes anti-freedom
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2012, 09:51:56 AM »
I was expecting that...don't discourage the fellow...!
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2012, 09:55:01 AM »
I was expecting that...don't discourage the fellow...!

Opps. I forgot to add those cute little smiley things to indicate I am attempting humor.

:) ;) :D :) ;) :D

Offline TheQ

• MOC Lifetime Member
Recoil magazine goes anti-freedom
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2012, 10:05:13 AM »
Opps. I forgot to add those cute little smiley things to indicate I am attempting humor.

:) ;) :D :) ;) :D

Over on OpenCarry.org you get moderated for using more than 5, you know!

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2012, 10:14:55 AM »
Over on OpenCarry.org you get moderated for using more than 5, you know!

I know. I was seeing if I could push the envelope here. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2012, 10:52:57 AM »
You're going on vacation?!?!?
Yes.

I will be largely gone between now and mid-October.

If you can't cope and have to kill yourself, I will understand.

Dan

Offline TheQ

• MOC Lifetime Member
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2012, 11:04:49 AM »
Yes.

If you can't cope and have to kill yourself, I will understand.

Dan

"cheer"

Offline METL

« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2012, 11:35:42 AM »
WOW!!!   H&K really threw RECOIL -right- under the bus there didn't they!   Hahahaha...    hilarious.  RECOIL tried to say it was HK's fault...    Ummmm... how about NO says HK....   priceless.

Thanks Gryphon for keeping us up-to-date

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2012, 01:25:14 PM »

This just in...

Reuters
September 13, 2012
Detroit, Michigan

General Motors announced today that it is suspending all of its North American Operations.

Operations are not expected to return to normal until some time after mid-October.

No official reason has been given by the Government Automaker for the suspension of these operations. But unnamed sources attribute the temporary cessation of operations to the absence of qualified supervision of the Government Automaker.

Offline Super Trucker

• MOC Member
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2012, 10:33:42 PM »
^

Offline METL

« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2012, 08:36:14 AM »
Looks like ole numb nutz has stepped down....     finally!   Had to happen.  They lost millions in advertising revenue...  this was the only way they could hope to recover any of it.

Quote from: Editor screw up

It is with deep sorrow that I announce I am stepping down as editor of Recoil, effective immediately.

It is very difficult for me to walk away from something I helped create, something that I loved doing, and something I firmly believed would appeal to a fresh new generation of gun enthusiasts, but I accept that the comments in my story in the current issue have made my position as editor of Reco
il untenable.

With that said, Recoil is bigger than any one person, and if my departure will allow Recoil to continue to grow and engage gun enthusiasts, then stepping down as editor is clearly the right thing for me to do.

I accept I made mistakes, and I apologize unreservedly for calling Recoil’s support for Second Amendment rights into question.

While I understand the passions aroused over this incident, the deeply hurtful words from some of my fellow gun enthusiasts have been painful to endure. I hope now we can all move on.

Finally, I would like to thank all those who have supported me over the past few days. These are the people who know me to be at heart a passionate gun enthusiast whose dream was to make something bold and new in firearms media.

Jerry Tsai

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2012, 01:49:03 AM »
This just in...

You can't trust those Limeys to get anything right.

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2012, 01:53:04 AM »
I wonder if Jerry Tsai will stay on under a pseudonym.