Author Topic: SERPA v. ALS  (Read 13777 times)

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
Re: SERPA v. ALS
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2012, 01:48:38 PM »
In the Lansing area Michigan Police Equipment Supply carries some safariland holsters.  If not they can order it.  I love mine for my M&P 9mm.  It has a suede lining to help protect your guns finish, but a little holster wear isn't necessarily a bad thing.

http://lansing.citysearch.com/profile/5340813/charlotte_mi/michigan_police_equipment_co.html

Agreed that some holster wear is to be expected. But to have the finish completely worn off in a short time is not.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline Super Trucker

• MOC Member
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2012, 10:29:40 PM »
I think the general opinion of those that have used the serpa then another holster is that the serpa sucks monkey balls.

Offline bigt8261

• MOC President
  • MOC Board Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc
  • First Name (Displayed): Tom
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2012, 08:28:16 AM »
In order to compare the recklessness of two situations, they must both be reckless.

Logically this is incorrect. It is not necessary for the comparison attribute to belong to both, or even either, of the items being compared. For example:

Which is more positive? 0 or 1? -1 or 1? 0 is neither positive nor negative, yet the amount to which it is positive can be compared to a number that is positive. -1 is the opposite of positive, yet it can still be compared.

How about which has a longer neck, a horse or a jellyfish? A jellyfish does not have a neck, thus the horse wins.

To further illustrate my point that it is not necessary for both items to contain the comparison attribute, compare the backbone of President Obama and Congressman Ron Paul.

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2012, 11:16:16 AM »
Logically this is incorrect. It is not necessary for the comparison attribute to belong to both, or even either, of the items being compared. For example:

Which is more positive? 0 or 1? -1 or 1? 0 is neither positive nor negative, yet the amount to which it is positive can be compared to a number that is positive. -1 is the opposite of positive, yet it can still be compared.

How about which has a longer neck, a horse or a jellyfish? A jellyfish does not have a neck, thus the horse wins.

To further illustrate my point that it is not necessary for both items to contain the comparison attribute, compare the backbone of President Obama and Congressman Ron Paul.
Interesting. Thank you for the enlightenment. I don't feel reckless anymore.  :)
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline Shadow Bear

• Dark Lord of the Internet
  • MOC Member
  • Human Rights Activist
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2012, 11:45:22 AM »
Interesting. Thank you for the enlightenment. I don't feel reckless anymore.  :)

Whew- now I can get that Yacqui slide I always wanted. I'm a minimalist kind of guy ::)
Its not GUN rights, its HUMAN rights.

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2012, 12:29:31 PM »
Whew- now I can get that Yacqui slide I always wanted. I'm a minimalist kind of guy ::)

"Applaud"

Offline wardog6t

• Go Army, Beat Navy!
    • http://michiganopencarry.org
  • First Name (Displayed): john
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2012, 09:48:12 PM »
I bought a Serpa. After I saw what plastic holsters do to even the hardiest of finishes, Mine now rests in a box with the other worthless crap i wish I hadn't bought. And after seeing how easily they get jammed, I don't know that I'll ever use it.

In fact, I'd give it away to the right person. ;) But unfortunately it's for a HK USP and not a stainless1911.  :(

For sure. My Xd is almost a stainless after 3 years of continued Serpa Carry. Now the finish is worn of to the point I really don't see the need to stop using the serpa for the XD but will never use a serpa for another firearm again.
"Any day you don't hear a "POP" and "WHIZ" is a Wonderful day....."

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2012, 01:35:28 AM »
Okay, so you say a yaqui-style holster is more reckless than a Serpa. Why is this your belief?
Retention. Did I really have to say it?

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2012, 01:37:47 AM »
In order to compare the recklessness of two situations, they must both be reckless. Thus you say my use of a Yaqui is reckless.
State your case, wordsmith. And try doing it without a thesaurus in one hand and the dictionary in the other. Some of us don't posses the reading comprehension skills you demonstrate. Irregardless!!!

You're so fragile.

Offline TucTom

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Tom
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2012, 11:45:21 AM »
You forgot the rest of my post.
I see you don't like non retention holsters ( or is it just Pat )  and you are entitled to your beliefs. With this I thank you for standing up for your opinion.

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2012, 03:00:13 PM »

If someone can grab your gun that easily, you need some training.

Offline duff1

• Life's tough...It's even tougher if your stupid.
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2012, 07:11:38 PM »
I have carried my Glock in a Serpa for a couple of years. Never had any trouble with it, my Glock shows no wear at all. I also have a Serpa shoulder holster. I would recomend the Serpa to my friends.