Author Topic: Headed South for the Winter....or something like that  (Read 3560 times)

Offline Nav0341

• First Name (Displayed): Jeff
Headed South for the Winter....or something like that
« on: September 17, 2012, 08:16:29 PM »
Greeting MOC.

I have been distant lately simply because a LOT has been going on in life that has had me distracted. Anyhow, my job that I have had here in Michigan for the past 5 years appears to finally have run its course. On a good note, I had a very nice offer tabled by a company in Tampa, Florida.... literally just in the nick of time.

So I will be fighting an even tougher battle down there, as FL is not an OC State. Some of their laws are kind of interesting as well. Oh how I am going to miss OC'ing any time I wanted. However... they don't require registration :) It also kind of sucks that I just got my CPL here a couple of months ago, and now I've gotta get a new one, at least my NRA Certificate is good down there too so I've just gotta go get printed. BUT, my MI CPL is good for 3 months after I claim residency.

While we have our battles here in MI, be thankful as well. I am going to envy you guys almost EVERY single day due to the fact that I won't be able to OC.

I would like to remain a member of this group, mainly because I support 100% what you guys are doing.

Offline METL

Re: Headed South for the Winter....or something like that
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 09:57:04 AM »
Good luck!!   We hope you stick around!   

Offline wayne

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2012, 08:35:11 PM »
Carry on, just concealed while you are down there ;-)

Offline bagz013

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2012, 11:36:23 AM »
Good luck in your new job.

As a past Floridian I can say having to CC all the time isn't that bad. Although it can be cumbersome sometimes, you'll get used to it.

While in Tampa, make sure you go check out the Aquarium and Ybor City.

Good luck sir!
Si vis pacem, para bellum
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it- Aristotle
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self- Ernest Hemingway

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2012, 11:55:51 PM »
While in Tampa, make sure you go check out the Aquarium and Ybor City.

The Dali Museum is in St. Pete!