Author Topic: Want to start carrying. Need a recorder  (Read 4607 times)

Offline yocan

Want to start carrying. Need a recorder
« on: September 17, 2012, 05:34:59 PM »
Educate me folks.
I'm not scared of the rain or the snow so need a recorder that isn't either. I woud like it to be good enough it could also be used in class in grad school. (not giant seminar classrooms but 25 people)

Pros/cons of video and so on I know very little beyond what i just said, so will need a way to carry it and so on.

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
Re: Want to start carrying. Need a recorder
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 12:57:32 AM »
I use a Sony ICD-PX312.  I wouldn't submerse it in water, though.

Offline Hammurabi

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2012, 09:29:31 PM »
I have one of those and like it, but I find myself using my Sansa Clip+ more often. It's smaller, lighter, and less obviously a recording device, although the quality isn't as good as the Sony.

Offline Bronson

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2012, 08:20:16 AM »
I have one of those and like it, but I find myself using my Sansa Clip+ more often. It's smaller, lighter, and less obviously a recording device, although the quality isn't as good as the Sony.

I too use the Sansa Clip for the same reason.  I'm not very techno savvy and don't know how to edit the recordings down.  The last time I wanted to listen to something I'd recorded it was the last 7 minutes of a 35 minute recording and I couldn't fast forward through the damn thing to get to the end.  Any ideas on programs to make it a little more user friendly?

Bronson
Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. – Thomas Paine

Offline Hammurabi

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2012, 10:27:45 AM »
I too use the Sansa Clip for the same reason.  I'm not very techno savvy and don't know how to edit the recordings down.  The last time I wanted to listen to something I'd recorded it was the last 7 minutes of a 35 minute recording and I couldn't fast forward through the damn thing to get to the end.  Any ideas on programs to make it a little more user friendly?

Bronson
I use VLC to listen on my computer, or Audacity for editing. (exporting the interesting bits, noise removal)

I haven't found myself listening on the device yet, so I'm no help there.

Offline Bronson

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2012, 10:53:45 AM »
I use VLC to listen on my computer, or Audacity for editing. (exporting the interesting bits, noise removal)

I haven't found myself listening on the device yet, so I'm no help there.

Thanks.

Bronson
Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. – Thomas Paine