Author Topic: Police raid wrong home, kill home owner.  (Read 4621 times)

Offline METL

Police raid wrong home, kill home owner.
« on: September 25, 2012, 10:08:44 AM »
http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=95475&page=1#.UGG6GrIiarj

How many times is this sort of thing going to happen with ZERO recourse or accountability by the police?!

Quote from: The Article
A 61-year-old man was shot to death by

police while his wife was handcuffed in another room during a drug

raid on the wrong house.

Police admitted their mistake, saying faulty information from a drug informant contributed to the death of John Adams Wednesday night. They intended to raid the home next door.

The two officers, 25-year-old Kyle Shedran and 24-year-old Greg Day, were placed on administrative leave with pay.

“They need to get rid of those men, boys with toys,” said Adams’ 70-year-old widow, Loraine.

John Adams was watching television when his wife heard pounding on the door. Police claim they identified themselves and wore police jackets. Loraine Adams said she had no indication the men were police.

“I thought it was a home invasion. I said ‘Baby, get your gun!,” she said, sitting amid friends and relatives gathered at her home to cook and prepare for Sunday’s funeral.

Resident Fired First

Police say her husband fired first with a sawed-off shotgun and they responded. He was shot at least three times and died later at Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville.

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
Police raid wrong home, kill home owner.
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 10:23:16 AM »
This story is pretty old, isn't if?
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline METL

Re: Police raid wrong home, kill home owner.
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2012, 10:31:54 AM »
I dunno... there's no date I can see on the article.  I just heard about it late last week.

Offline wayne

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2012, 06:59:14 PM »
Yeah, that's just a no win there.  You don't know it is the LEOs and try to defend yourself, you are going to be outnumbered / they are just going to keep coming, and if you took down the first one or two, they are not going to let you out alive.  I think the widow should have a big civil suit on her hands if nothing else...doesn't do anything to bring her husband back, but hopefully it would prompt the authorities to take greater steps to prevent it ever happening again.

Offline WilDChilD

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2012, 10:27:58 PM »
This story is pretty old, isn't if?
On the iPad it's dated 1/7/06 so it's kinda old but still crazy.

Offline METL

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2012, 09:51:49 AM »
Well sorry if it's old!!!   Def not the first time this type of thing has happened...   pretty scary when the  police come busting into the wrong place and have nothing to say besides "whoops sorry".....

Offline WilDChilD

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2012, 11:29:41 AM »
Well sorry if it's old!!!   Def not the first time this type of thing has happened...   pretty scary when the  police come busting into the wrong place and have nothing to say besides "whoops sorry".....
I wasnt bitching about the date of the artical, I just noticed that on a computer the story has no date but when I got home and pulled it up on the Ipad it was dated so I though I would post it. No need to yell.

Offline METL

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2012, 12:11:26 PM »
Oh no, I wasn't yelling or offended that you were saying it was old... I didn't think you were upset either and as you said, were just sharing the info...   I was just being police in saying "whoops.. my bad..."

Glad we got that straightened out.   I couldn't sleep last night wrought with worry!    lol...    ;D