Author Topic: I hope he wasn't selling the guns at his wife's insistence  (Read 15280 times)

Offline WilDChilD

Re: I hope he wasn't selling the guns at his wife's insistence
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2012, 04:16:41 PM »

Inside joke about ways to avoid confiscation of firearms....     much like the "explosion of the gun room" where the wife was injured and no doubt all firearms were lost, there was an unexplained explosion on my boat.. causing it to sink to the bottom of the lake....  unfortunately I had all my firearms onboard at that time....  very tragic.     :D

So sorry to hear that. :(

Offline bagz013

« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2012, 03:34:10 PM »
Can't surrender a gun in a government mass confiscation if you lost it while boating, yes?

Gotcha. I do have a  boat....... 8)

For whatever reason I thought this had to do with another member on another forum.....Pat's buddy  ;D
Si vis pacem, para bellum
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it- Aristotle
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self- Ernest Hemingway

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2012, 03:36:34 PM »
Gotcha. I do have a  boat....... 8)

GREAT!!! We can go ice fishing with it this winter. I know a good spot to launch and fish from.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline Shadow Bear

• Dark Lord of the Internet
  • MOC Member
  • Human Rights Activist
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2012, 05:34:08 PM »
GREAT!!! We can go ice fishing with it this winter. I know a good spot to launch and fish from.

I forget- do we put the hole in the bottom of the boat, or next to it? :P
Its not GUN rights, its HUMAN rights.

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2012, 05:35:23 PM »
I forget- do we put the holes in the bottom of the boat, or next to it? :P

FIFY
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2012, 06:36:52 PM »
I forget- do we put the hole in the bottom of the boat, or next to it? :P

With the set up I now have, I don't think I'll have to put a hole in the bottom of the boat. I was concerned that a sump pump wouldn't be able to keep up. Especially with my fat ass as ballast. Instead, I gutted out 8 old electric water heaters and wired the elements together to keep the water from freezing around the boat again. Then by adding a pond pump and air compressor, I can circulate the water and inject air to create bubbles. This combination should work better.

I will bring the sawzall and sump pump as back up though.

I might need a bigger boat to haul all this gear, however. The compressor is kinda big and I had to get a larger generator to run everything. That means more gasoline to take along also. It just never seems to end.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline METL

« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2012, 08:35:58 AM »
With the set up I now have, I don't think I'll have to put a hole in the bottom of the boat. I was concerned that a sump pump wouldn't be able to keep up. Especially with my fat ass as ballast. Instead, I gutted out 8 old electric water heaters and wired the elements together to keep the water from freezing around the boat again. Then by adding a pond pump and air compressor, I can circulate the water and inject air to create bubbles. This combination should work better.

I will bring the sawzall and sump pump as back up though.

I might need a bigger boat to haul all this gear, however. The compressor is kinda big and I had to get a larger generator to run everything. That means more gasoline to take along also. It just never seems to end.

Water heaters...  gasoline....  electrical equipment...     

This is what happened to Pat's boat LAST time...

This is probably how it will go this next time...   (jeebus!)

http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZWSw5odsFrw
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 08:53:16 AM by METL »