Author Topic: MGO is down again  (Read 19891 times)

Offline zigziggityzoo

Re: MGO is down again
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2012, 11:49:03 AM »
Zig, are you refering to some type of denial of service attack or something else over at MGO?
We thought so at first, but it looks more like someone else's site on our shared server started a runaway process that filled the server's disk space.

Then, someone helpful at our webhost ended up deleting files at random, causing a couple of our SQL databases to become corrupted.

We've finally resolved it, I think.

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
MGO is down again
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2012, 01:46:10 PM »
It seems database updates are still an issue/delayed.
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2012, 10:02:47 PM »
No, it takes being a member in the first year of this organization's formal incorporation.

Still have the certificate on my wall. :)

Are you a current member?
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline METL

« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2012, 08:35:39 AM »

He is not... I"m not sure if he has renewed... I say he forfeits his charter membership *coughtomecough*      8) ;D

Offline zigziggityzoo

« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2012, 09:09:35 AM »

I am not.

Once I learned that the $400 in funds I raised for MOC selling stickers and OC Info cards was not tracked, nor did it go toward the items the money was supposed to go toward, I decided the organization was not worth donating my hard-earned money to.

I can support the cause (well, parts of the cause) without giving an irresponsible organization my money.

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2012, 09:19:51 AM »
I am not.

Once I learned that the $400 in funds I raised for MOC selling stickers and OC Info cards was not tracked, nor did it go toward the items the money was supposed to go toward, I decided the organization was not worth donating my hard-earned money to.

I can support the cause (well, parts of the cause) without giving an irresponsible organization my money.

A good number of us questioned a lot of the dubious actions of the officers of past. However, joining the ranks of the quitters was not how the organization was turned around.

By renewing your membership, you can further the improvements that have been ongoing fro a while now.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Ryan
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2012, 09:04:47 PM »
Zig I hear you and understand completely why at that time you chose to leave.

However non of us in office today were in any way involved in that debacle. I can assure you that funds are collected and tracked as they should be since I have had control of the Treasury.  And the other aspects and duties are being handled as they should be by the respective Officers and Directors.
Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2012, 09:09:54 PM »
Zig I hear you and understand completely why at that time you chose to leave.

However non of us in office today were in any way involved in that debacle. I can assure you that funds are collected and tracked as they should be since I have had control of the Treasury.  And the other aspects and duties are being handled as they should be by the respective Officers and Directors.

Absolutely!!!

The whole gang is doing a bang up job in making MOC the premier gun rights organization that it is today.

Offline TheQ

• MOC Lifetime Member
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2012, 09:37:27 PM »
Did I mention Jason is asking me for more quality guys for his IT crew?

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2012, 09:48:46 AM »
Did I mention Jason is asking me for more quality guys for his IT crew?
What does this mean?

Offline TheQ

• MOC Lifetime Member
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2012, 10:22:30 AM »
What does this mean?

Jason Reese is our IT director.  He's asked me to keep my eyes open for more help for his team.  My post was an attempt to woo zig.

Offline bagz013

« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2012, 12:09:44 PM »
Agreed!!!

I had heard some not-so-nice stories about MOC, mostly on another forum, and was a little skeptical of giving my money to this organization.

However, after meeting Phil, Randy, and Adam at an outing I knew that things were getting headed in a positive direction. This is why I have given them my money and will continue to support the current leadership.

Good job guys!!!

Absolutely!!!

The whole gang is doing a bang up job in making MOC the premier gun rights organization that it is today.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it- Aristotle
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self- Ernest Hemingway

Offline WilDChilD

« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2012, 07:32:54 PM »
Agreed!!!

I had heard some not-so-nice stories about MOC, mostly on another forum, and was a little skeptical of giving my money to this organization.

However, after meeting Phil, Randy, and Adam at an outing I knew that things were getting headed in a positive direction. This is why I have given them my money and will continue to support the current leadership.

Good job guys!!!
Ass kisser  :-*

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2012, 04:29:54 PM »
Agreed!!!

Good job guys!!!

I have to agree. (Because I wasn't mentioned about being at the same outing.  >:()

Offline bagz013

« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2012, 01:56:46 PM »

Hahahaha......I almost hand to pull out the ChapStick after that post huh?!?!?
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it- Aristotle
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self- Ernest Hemingway

Offline bagz013

« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2012, 02:01:12 PM »
I have to agree. (Because I wasn't mentioned about being at the same outing.  >:()

I was under the impression that sometimes, we fine upstanding citizens needed to distance ourselves from such hardcore and abrasive individuals as yourself.

I didn't wanna scare 3Z's off knowing that the Monster of the Unemloyment Office was lurching the halls of MOC...... 

Offline METL

« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2012, 04:04:38 PM »
Hahahaha......I almost hand to pull out the ChapStick after that post huh?!?!?

I found this picture of Bagz...   

;D

Bahaha...  glad to have you aboard...   

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2012, 04:15:59 PM »

Offline bagz013

« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2012, 04:41:13 PM »
That is absolutely NOT me......I would never wear that color of blue shirt  ;D

I found this picture of Bagz...   

;D

Bahaha...  glad to have you aboard...   
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 04:48:21 PM by bagz013 »

Offline wardog6t

• Go Army, Beat Navy!
    • http://michiganopencarry.org
  • First Name (Displayed): john
« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2012, 06:04:48 PM »
That is absolutely NOT me......I would never wear that color of blue shirt  ;D
Ya it doesn't have enough Pink...
"Any day you don't hear a "POP" and "WHIZ" is a Wonderful day....."