Author Topic: Hello from Westland!  (Read 5692 times)

Offline lars

• First Name (Displayed): lars
Hello from Westland!
« on: October 02, 2012, 08:55:01 PM »
Hello all! From Westland.  I have been going through the many posts, and the info on the site for months. Just figured I would hop in and say hello all!! . I have not opened carried yet away from the house  but just in my yard so far lol. Printed out the open carry laws that you have here for the pocket.  Carry On All!!

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
Hello from Westland!
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2012, 11:33:14 PM »
Welcome! Glad to see you actively posting. Do you have a CPL?
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
Re: Hello from Westland!
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2012, 01:46:50 AM »
Welcome from Mom's basement.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline lars

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2012, 10:19:34 AM »
Thanks. No I  do not have a CPL yet.  Looking to get one in the near future before they make it harder to do so. Owned hand guns for years but now days we have to do what we have to do.

Offline TheQ

• MOC Lifetime Member
Hello from Westland!
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2012, 11:17:37 AM »
Thanks. No I  do not have a CPL yet.  Looking to get one in the near future before they make it harder to do so. Owned hand guns for years but now days we have to do what we have to do.

CPLs in Michigan are "shall issue", which means local governments can't make getting a CPL harder (in theory).

Since you don't have a CPL you can't carry any place listed in MCL 750.234d (google it). This includes Meijers, Walmart, or any place that is licensed to sell liquor at all.

Offline lars

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2012, 11:28:43 AM »
Right! I did get an ok from a store owner that sells liquor were I shop at times.. CPL makes it easier for sure in were one can carry open, the laws are very tricky for sure.. And with winter coming CPL comes in handy. I will end up getting CPL soon for sure just to cover all the bases.

Offline FatMan

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2012, 05:38:10 PM »
Hello!!! fellow Westlander Welcome to the forum. PM me if you want to OC with a "veteran" OC'er sometime. Defiantly look into getting your CPL as soon as possible. It's so much more convenient and its never wrong to get  quality instruction in such a serious subject.

8)
Why do you carry that handgun every place you go? Cause it's lighter than my shotgun.

Offline TheQ

• MOC Lifetime Member
Hello from Westland!
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2012, 05:41:13 PM »
Right! I did get an ok from a store owner that sells liquor were I shop at times.. CPL makes it easier for sure in were one can carry open, the laws are very tricky for sure.. And with winter coming CPL comes in handy. I will end up getting CPL soon for sure just to cover all the bases.

Be sure you have that permission in writing. The store owner's memory may get foggy if pressures by a LEO and/or something bad goes down.

Offline lars

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2012, 05:44:44 PM »
Hello!!! fellow Westlander Welcome to the forum. PM me if you want to OC with a "veteran" OC'er sometime. Defiantly look into getting your CPL as soon as possible. It's so much more convenient and its never wrong to get  quality instruction in such a serious subject.

8)
Thanks Fatman. Ya checking into some of the places we have here in westland  and livonia. And sounds good!

Offline bagz013

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2012, 04:59:29 PM »
Welcome to MOC!!!
Si vis pacem, para bellum
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it- Aristotle
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self- Ernest Hemingway

Offline lars

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2012, 07:47:07 PM »

Offline lars

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2012, 07:48:59 PM »
Be sure you have that permission in writing. The store owner's memory may get foggy if pressures by a LEO and/or something bad goes down.
Oya will for sure. Thanks for the Tip :)