Author Topic: SB59 Calls  (Read 15687 times)

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
SB59 Calls
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2012, 03:21:29 PM »
Phone calls made and emails sent. Rep Foster's office is the only one who answered the phone.

Foster- spoke w/Rob and Jason and was informed SB59 was taken off the agenda for tomorrow. Also sent email
Hukki- voice mail and email
Schmidt- voice mail and email
Damrow- voice mail and email
Hughes- voice mail and email
Johnson- vm and email
Pettalia- vm and email
Haugh- vm and email
Stapleton- vm and email
Bledsoe- vm and email
Slavens- vm and email

You're a rock star!
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline sonicmatter

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
Re: SB59 Calls
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2012, 03:45:36 PM »
Not really, LOL. But I do my best to "walk-the-walk" though. It was simple for me since all the phone numbers and email addresses were provided, thanks.

You guys did all the hard work and are the real rock stars. Your efforts are much appreciated and I'll do what I can from here to help.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 03:57:16 PM by sonicmatter »

Offline TheQ

• MOC Lifetime Member
SB59 Calls
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2012, 04:31:57 PM »
Not really, LOL. But I do my best to "walk-the-walk" though. It was simple for me since all the phone numbers and email addresses were provided, thanks.

You guys did all the hard work and are the real rock stars. Your efforts are much appreciated and I'll do what I can from here to help.

Technically, if you merely click the email address it would give you a pre-written email also ;)

Offline sonicmatter

• MOC Member
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2012, 05:56:28 PM »
Technically, if you merely click the email address it would give you a pre-written email also ;)
Yes, I saw that and took advantage of it, thanks. ;D I also added the text from the phone call, slightly revised, to it too. Don't worry, I just corrected some punctuation, used my phrasing, and added "with additional training" to paraphrase myself.

Offline Armiger

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Al
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2012, 09:10:56 PM »
I didn't get free from my duties in time to make any phone calls.   :(

So after I open carried at the school board work session for a few hours, I sent emails to Rep. Foster and nine others.    :)

Offline sonicmatter

• MOC Member
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2012, 02:41:13 PM »
Called Speaker Bolger and it went straight to VM. Sent an email and received an automated response.

Offline ajelias

« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2012, 02:54:32 PM »
Same here

Offline sonicmatter

• MOC Member
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2012, 04:19:05 PM »
Emailed Rep Foster last night and today. I just got off the phone with Rep. Foster's office and the staffer who answered the phone said, "we are just as excited and amped-up as you are about passing this bill". He also said they've been getting lots of phone calls on SB59 and said it will probably be going up for vote next week. I advised the staffer that the grapevine is saying that Rep. Foster is the one holding up the bill. He replied that they are "following process and that takes time".

Offline sonicmatter

• MOC Member
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2012, 06:52:29 PM »
I heard on the news that they passed the right to work bill. Apparently that had priority over the self-protection bill.

Offline TheQ

• MOC Lifetime Member
SB59 Calls
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2012, 07:30:51 PM »
I heard on the news that they passed the right to work bill. Apparently that had priority over the self-protection bill.

Yes. I know a bit about why. Don't ask me to tell ;)

Suffice to say someone will get recalled if they don't.

Offline xmanhockey7

• First Name (Displayed): Xander
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2012, 09:09:27 PM »
Emailed Rep Foster last night and today. I just got off the phone with Rep. Foster's office and the staffer who answered the phone said, "we are just as excited and amped-up as you are about passing this bill". He also said they've been getting lots of phone calls on SB59 and said it will probably be going up for vote next week. I advised the staffer that the grapevine is saying that Rep. Foster is the one holding up the bill. He replied that they are "following process and that takes time".

Same here.

Offline sonicmatter

• MOC Member
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2012, 06:17:35 AM »
Que,

Phone calls and emails sent to my Rep. and Rep. Bolger this morning. I'll see you guys at the capitol this morning!

Offline FASBOLD

• First Name (Displayed): Larry
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2012, 10:24:32 AM »
Here is my note to the governor I sent via the website. I will call when I get a break.

I am in favor of SB 59. The unfortunate events in CT illustrate the need for criminals to be prevented from taking advantage of the unprotected.
Allowing properly trained individuals to legally carry concealed weapons in so-called "Pistol Free Zones", will make criminals avoid them, or make them less horrific if legally armed citizens are able to stop them.
A case in point is in Oregon, the mall shooter stopped and killed himself, when a person with a legally concealed weapon stepped in.
Allowing legal concealed carry for properly trained citizens will be cheaper for the taxpayers. Without legal carry for properly trained citizens, we will have to add metal detectors and armed guards at every entrance. This will be a huge added expense for schools that are already strapped for money for teachers and supplies. Adding a tax will either be a district by district activity, or require new taxation and regulation at the state level.
Taking away guns or restricting the use of guns will not stop criminals.
In addition, under current law, it is legal for CPL holders to open carry in PFZs. By changing this to allow properly trained CPL holders to conceal carry in these places, will avoid alarming or offending the ignorant who believe that guns in and of themselves are bad.
"The people of these United States are the rightful masters of both Congresses and courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."
~ Abraham Lincoln
"Too young to die, too old to take an ass whippin'."
~ Unknown

Offline ajelias

« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2012, 01:12:36 PM »
Called and talked with Mellanie at Governors Office

Offline sonicmatter

• MOC Member
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2012, 02:12:27 PM »
I've been calling and calling. It appears they are letting calls go to VM, which is full.

I sent this message via their website:

Gov., what happened in CT was horrible. But passing legislation like SB59 can help prevent these horrific tragedies that seem to occur time after time in PISTOL FREE ZONES. Please allow the law abiding citizens of MI an opportunity to protect themselves, and those they care for, from monsters who do not care what a PFZ is.

Sir, I understand you have a very hard choice, but fundamentally you know passing SB59 is the right thing to do. Law abiding citizens do not perform monstrous atrocities. This legislation has the power to make me safer, and in turn those around me will be safer.

Thank you for your time and I wish you a Merry Christmas,

Offline bigt8261

• MOC President
  • MOC Board Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc
  • First Name (Displayed): Tom
« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2012, 03:46:42 PM »
Finally, got through via phone. I sent an email earlier this morning, but I have been getting a full VM all day when calling.

Keep trying if you have not gotten through yet.

Offline TheQ

• MOC Lifetime Member
« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2012, 05:59:22 PM »
Finally, got through via phone. I sent an email earlier this morning, but I have been getting a full VM all day when calling.

Keep trying if you have not gotten through yet.

I managed to get through on the 7th or eighth try.  Just keep ringing and hanging up -- you'll get through.

Offline Greyh Seer

« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2012, 06:03:48 PM »
I informed the governor the morning of (before CT actually happened).  I told the person who answered the phone that my vote for him in the next election would heavily weigh on his response to this bill.
----------------------------------------
-Greyh

Offline TheQ

• MOC Lifetime Member
« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2012, 06:09:44 PM »
I informed the governor the morning of (before CT actually happened).  I told the person who answered the phone that my vote for him in the next election would heavily weigh on his response to this bill.

This is a good thing for him occasionally.  It lets him known people are watching and his future may depend on his action.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 06:14:52 PM by TheQ »

Offline lljj

• MOC Member
  • Peter had a sword I have a 45 be blessed
  • First Name (Displayed): jacob
« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2012, 08:00:38 PM »
I called the governor office went straight to voicemail called right back the call lady answered she took my info and she wrote that I want the governor to pass sb59 she said thank you I will give the message to the governor I said thanks the end till tomorrow calling back
open carrying for life can't steal my freedom