Author Topic: Wife hurt in gun room explosion  (Read 4522 times)

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan

Offline METL

Re: Wife hurt in gun room explosion
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2012, 09:04:09 AM »
What the heck?!?!    She was outside on the patio that is over the "gun room"...   so weird.

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2012, 11:36:32 AM »
The cause of the explosion is not yet known.

Hmmm, let me see...

gunpowder + heat = explosion
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline bagz013

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2012, 04:18:21 PM »
What caught my attention in this whole story was the fact that the slab collapsed and nobody was injured by that but rather the fire.......

Usually a structural failure is pretty devastating.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it- Aristotle
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self- Ernest Hemingway

Offline METL

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2012, 09:07:50 AM »
Especially a structural failure caused by an explosion....  had to have been a heck of a boomer to do that...        i'm wondering if it was related to some sort of natural gas leak or something that was then exacerbated by the presence of the gunpowder/etc...

Offline bagz013

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2012, 03:36:47 PM »
Know that I have been educated on the tragedy of firearms and boating accidents; looking more and more like a similar occurence.

Plus, wouldn't homeowners insurance pay for the damage?
Si vis pacem, para bellum
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it- Aristotle
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self- Ernest Hemingway

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2012, 12:01:17 AM »
Know that I have been educated on the tragedy of firearms and boating accidents; looking more and more like a similar occurence.

Plus, wouldn't homeowners insurance pay for the damage?

Where were you last winter? An explosion would've been a whole lot more fun. Not to mentio0n the added benefit of homeowner insurace to buy more guns with to loose in an ice fishing boat accident.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update