Author Topic: 2016: Obama's America  (Read 29085 times)

Offline Ezerharden

• Former Secretary
  • MOC Regional Coordinator, Deputy
  • I don't dial 911
  • First Name (Displayed): Mike
Re: 2016: Obama's America
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2012, 03:18:46 AM »
Better than voting for a proven failure by direct vote, or a vote of "conscience"  (translation, some guy who doesn't stand a snowballs chance in hell, or just not vote at all because neither candidate is my "perfect" candidate). You yourself have spoken of sometimes having to make small compromises while trying to get laws passed to gain some advantage, well the same goes for elections (and most things in life). Is old Mitt perfect? hell no, but Obama is a proven failure in office, and nobody else really stands a chance. So as I see it, those are the choices, a failure, a nobody, or the best option available. You vote as you want, but please don't tout about your involvement with the Republican party, when you openly throw their candidate under the bus, it smacks of hypocrisy.

Oh and on topic, I did watch the movie and would like to sue the producers for my time back. I am no supporter of Obama, in case you missed that, but please. That movie was worse than a Michael Moore production.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

I carry a gun because a Police Officer is too heavy.

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
2016: Obama's America
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2012, 03:24:49 AM »
Better than voting for a proven failure by direct vote, or a vote of "conscience"  (translation, some guy who doesn't stand a snowballs chance in hell, or just not vote at all because neither candidate is my "perfect" candidate). You yourself have spoken of sometimes having to make small compromises while trying to get laws passed to gain some advantage, well the same goes for elections (and most things in life). Is old Mitt perfect? hell no, but Obama is a proven failure in office, and nobody else really stands a chance. So as I see it, those are the choices, a failure, a nobody, or the best option available. You vote as you want, but please don't tout about your involvement with the Republican party, when you openly throw their candidate under the bus, it smacks of hypocrisy.

Oh and on topic, I did watch the movie and would like to sue the producers for my time back. I am no supporter of Obama, in case you missed that, but please. That movie was worse than a Michael Moore production.

So you mean to tell me your one vote for Mitt means more than the 1,000 contacts I made for him...?

Please...!

Your vote but lack of willingness to do more shows how shallow your "support" is.

I can be a good Republican without supporting Mitt. I know many other people that are. Collectively "we" are the party, not Mitt. Mitt is no more the Republican Party than I am "Michigan Open Carry, Inc."
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline Ezerharden

• Former Secretary
  • I don't dial 911
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2012, 11:59:16 AM »
So you are saying you have supported Mitt in all ways save for the fact you voted for someone else, or didn't vote at all for President. Interesting, I believe Caesar had a supporter like that once.

As to me not doing more well there are a few factors. One, not knowing where to start. Two, I have health issues that make it hard to get around my own house at times and do simple things like the dishes. Of course that is the same as my support here, I do what I can when I can. I try t get more involved but some things are just not possible for me at this time.  But the point is moot as you have already cast your vote.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline TheQ

• MOC Lifetime Member
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2012, 02:14:31 PM »
So you are saying you have supported Mitt in all ways save for the fact you voted for someone else, or didn't vote at all for President. Interesting, I believe Caesar had a supporter like that once.

As to me not doing more well there are a few factors. One, not knowing where to start. Two, I have health issues that make it hard to get around my own house at times and do simple things like the dishes. Of course that is the same as my support here, I do what I can when I can. I try t get more involved but some things are just not possible for me at this time.  But the point is moot as you have already cast your vote.
1. http://www.migop.org/index.php/get-involved/victory-centers/

2. Making phone calls involves sitting in a chair.

3. I'm supporting the Republican Party. Romney can go attempt reproduction with himself as far as I care.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 02:30:21 PM by TheQ »

Offline TheQ

• MOC Lifetime Member
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2012, 04:11:42 PM »
Romney flip flop...can you ever trusts what he says?

Yep, it was paid for by the Democrats. Does that make it less true? Can anyone refute Mitt said those things?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 04:18:12 PM by TheQ »

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2012, 05:18:03 PM »
A vote for Romney is a vote that tells the Republican Party: "it's okay if you put up a fake conservative for nomination, we'll vote for him anyways."  Once you tell them that, you lose all hope of bringing the country back to a small government system.
I understand this position, I really do.  But I think the time to select someone other than Romney is the primary.  Once the die is cast, we have to live with the choice.  And maybe if it were another Democrat candidate I'd say we could live with the outcome to teach the Republicans a lesson.  But Obama is such a monumentally bad choice for America that I can't do that.

I respect your position, though, and I'm really not trying to guilt you into changing it or feeling (too) bad. :)

I stopped giving the Republicans money about 1997 or 98.

Offline TheQ

• MOC Lifetime Member
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2012, 05:42:18 PM »
I understand this position, I really do.  But I think the time to select someone other than Romney is the primary.  Once the die is cast, we have to live with the choice.  And maybe if it were another Democrat candidate I'd say we could live with the outcome to teach the Republicans a lesson.  But Obama is such a monumentally bad choice for America that I can't do that.

I respect your position, though, and I'm really not trying to guilt you into changing it or feeling (too) bad. :)

I stopped giving the Republicans money about 1997 or 98.

That's what I keep trying to say.  If Romney is elected, there will be NO MEANINGFUL REPUBLICAN PRIMARY IN 2016!!!  It'll just be, "re-crown Romney".
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 08:22:52 PM by TheQ »

Offline Ezerharden

• Former Secretary
  • I don't dial 911
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2012, 07:06:45 PM »
Well "re-crowning" Obama now is an even worse idea. As I pointed out before, last debate he stated he wanted another AWB. Now maybe Romney is lying when he says he doesn't, but we know for a fact we will get one of Obama is re-elected. If he can't get it through the Congress and Senate, he will bypass them as he has done before with Executive Orders. The only reason he hasn't done anything yet is because he wants re-election. Once he is term limited, I am very afraid of what he will do.

Offline TheQ

• MOC Lifetime Member
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2012, 07:29:44 PM »
Well "re-crowning" Obama now is an even worse idea. As I pointed out before, last debate he stated he wanted another AWB. Now maybe Romney is lying when he says he doesn't, but we know for a fact we will get one of Obama is re-elected. If he can't get it through the Congress and Senate, he will bypass them as he has done before with Executive Orders. The only reason he hasn't done anything yet is because he wants re-election. Once he is term limited, I am very afraid of what he will do.

I think there is a lot of fear mongering going on. I don't think you can get an AWB done with an executive order.

Here's another reason to oppose Romney:

Romney and Obama will no doubt do some of the same bad large government things. If Obama does them there are three benefits:

1. The Republican name won't be sullied in the process.
2. It'll energies the base of the party to bring back conservatism and small government as a platform, election, and government matter in 2016.
3. The Republicans in congress will oppose Obummer doing these things, whereas they'd carry the water for President Romney.

Offline wardog6t

• Go Army, Beat Navy!
    • http://michiganopencarry.org
  • First Name (Displayed): john
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2012, 07:40:18 PM »
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 07:55:36 PM by wardog6t »
"Any day you don't hear a "POP" and "WHIZ" is a Wonderful day....."

Offline Rustykeys

« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2012, 11:45:15 PM »
After the choices we had for President in 2008, I totally denounced the Republican party. My conservative views no longer match that of the Republican party. I have come to realize after all these years that I actually have libertarian views.
“We must hang together, gentlemen…else, we shall most assuredly hang separately.”

– Benjamin Franklin

A right not exercised is a right lost.

Offline TheQ

• MOC Lifetime Member
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2012, 12:05:42 AM »
After the choices we had for President in 2008, I totally denounced the Republican party. My conservative views no longer match that of the Republican party. I have come to realize after all these years that I actually have libertarian views.

Me too. That is where the old roots in the Republican party are. I've decided to work within the party to try to restore those roots. I am a Republican, but that doesn't mean I follow the party bliny.

Offline WilDChilD

« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2012, 10:16:34 AM »
I already voted and I must be insane.
Not insane but I bet where you work is a Union? Got to listen to the Union so those bad employers dont take advantage of you.

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2012, 10:22:49 AM »
I think there is a lot of fear mongering going on.

Hey, presidents come and go, but the judges they appoint live on. 

Offline TheQ

• MOC Lifetime Member
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2012, 10:40:46 AM »
Hey, presidents come and go, but the judges they appoint live on.

Justice Roberts has made that much apparent.

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2012, 11:04:42 AM »
By and large Roberts has been very good.  I disagree with his reasoning on Obamacare where he basically said, "If you don't want bad laws like this, stop electing those types of politicians."
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 11:10:25 AM by gryphon »

Offline TheQ

• MOC Lifetime Member
« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2012, 11:32:45 AM »
By and large Roberts has been very good.  I disagree with his reasoning on Obamacare where he basically said, "If you don't want bad laws like this, stop electing those types of politicians."

I concur

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2012, 02:37:12 AM »
I think there is a lot of fear mongering going on.

You need a history refresher, my friend.  Not only does Obama want another AWB, he has promised the Brady Bunch he is working on gun control.  Here's a few other things he's done.

Ban on historic rifle imports

Proposed ban on target practice on federal lands

Supports UN Small Arms Treaty

New rules on the sale of "high power" rifles

Picks guy who wants to ban guns for ATF top spot

Offline METL

« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2012, 02:24:13 PM »
Q that romney video was GARBAGE...   I hope you didn't really think that was going to make any points.   What a hack job that thing was.   Sheesh.

Otherwise, I agree with your sentiment of not voting for evil... I wish that more people would swing that way...    unfortunately, I don't think they will and I"m not willing to let Obummer have another 4 years.

Offline TheQ

• MOC Lifetime Member
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2012, 12:17:48 PM »
When Ralph Nader "cost" Al Gore the election in 2000, Ralph was later interviewed.

He was asked: Do you regret what you've done and how it cost Al Gore the election (indeed, if Gore had Nader's vote in Florida, he would have won a big margin).

Nader answered: No, maybe now the Democrat party will pay more attention to its progressive wing.

Oh, and the Democrats have done just that. You ask why I didn't vote for Romney? Maybe the Republican Party will start paying more attention to it's small government/libertarian wing!