Author Topic: 2016: Obama's America  (Read 29112 times)

Offline Super Trucker

• MOC Member
Re: Re: 2016: Obama's America
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2012, 10:30:55 PM »
When Ralph Nader "cost" Al Gore the election in 2000, Ralph was later interviewed.

He was asked: Do you regret what you've done and how it cost Al Gore the election (indeed, if Gore had Nader's vote in Florida, he would have won a big margin).

Nader answered: No, maybe now the Democrat party will pay more attention to its progressive wing.

Oh, and the Democrats have done just that. You ask why I didn't vote for Romney? Maybe the Republican Party will start paying more attention to it's small government/libertarian wing!
There wasn't even a libertarian candidate on my ballot.
Now that the entire group of useless had been reelected, what actually did anybody learn?

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
2016: Obama's America
« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2012, 11:03:05 PM »
Now that the entire group of useless had been reelected, what actually did anybody learn?

It's estimated 16 million deep conservatives didn't bother to show up to vote. Gary Johnson was on the ballot in 48 states. The Constitution party was on the ballot in many other states as well.

Those votes can be added together and the Republican Party can see what they're missing.
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline Super Trucker

• MOC Member
« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2012, 12:39:45 AM »
It's estimated 16 million deep conservatives didn't bother to show up to vote. Gary Johnson was on the ballot in 48 states. The Constitution party was on the ballot in many other states as well.

Those votes can be added together and the Republican Party can see what they're missing.
So saying "screw it" is supposed to be a solution?
I voted for Ron Paul in 08 and again this year, but since only about a dozen other people did the same should I just take my ball and go home?
Has the country really sunk that far?

Offline TheQ

• MOC Lifetime Member
« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2012, 12:49:30 AM »
So saying "screw it" is supposed to be a solution?
I voted for Ron Paul in 08 and again this year, but since only about a dozen other people did the same should I just take my ball and go home?
Has the country really sunk that far?

I'm a precinct delegate for the Republican Party, are you?
I'm a member of my County's Republican Executive Committee, are you?

If you want to get involved and you believe as Ron Paul does, contact Tony DeMott at Campaign for Liberty.  Ask him to put you in contact with your local coordinator for your county (tell him what County you live in).  Then tell your county coordinator you want to get involved locally.

Tell him Phillip Hofmeister sent you.  I'll PM you his email address.

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2012, 12:55:28 AM »
That nominating a pandering lying East coast liberal pisses off some people.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline TheQ

• MOC Lifetime Member
« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2012, 01:30:28 AM »
Well said.

Offline Super Trucker

• MOC Member
Re: Re: Re: 2016: Obama's America
« Reply #46 on: November 11, 2012, 09:19:28 AM »
I have been out of state since before the election, so I can only find the results of the bigger things that were voted on. Every POS (stabmenow, conyers, etc) that has contributed to the state being as Shitty as it is was reelected by a big margin.
I agree that romney (or any candidate of the other offices voted on) is not the answer, but do you honestly believe they are worse?
From what I can see setting here in va it appears the saying cutting off your nose to spite your face would apply to this situation.
If your ice fishing boat were sinking would you add extra weights (as voters did) or make an attempt to cup your hands and scoop out a little of the flooding?

Offline Super Trucker

• MOC Member
« Reply #47 on: November 11, 2012, 09:37:54 AM »

I'm a precinct delegate for the Republican Party, are you?
I'm a member of my County's Republican Executive Committee, are you?

If you want to get involved and you believe as Ron Paul does, contact Tony DeMott at Campaign for Liberty.  Ask him to put you in contact with your local coordinator for your county (tell him what County you live in).  Then tell your county coordinator you want to get involved locally.

Tell him Phillip Hofmeister sent you.  I'll PM you his email address.

If I were in state I would love to help him get elected.
I drove 121k miles in the last year, I have multiple trucks to baby sit, when would you like me too do anything you mentioned?

I believe you missed my point though. You said 16 million people didn't bother to even mail in a absentee ballot, that to me is saying "i am taking my ball and going home"
I think it is great you are available to spend your time trying to change stuff, but at the same time not voting out a guaranteed problem because the other guy "might" not be good to me is contributing to the continuation of a sinking ship.
Point being, the primary showed people don't care so your attempt to "school" the party I highly doubt will matter.
I mean look at the last few elections the people they choose are getting worse, maybe they are trying to teach you a lesson?

One trucking company owner I spoke with last week said he has initiated a "idiot surcharge" to all states that voted democrat. Things are going to get ugly.

Offline Ezerharden

• Former Secretary
  • MOC Regional Coordinator, Deputy
  • I don't dial 911
  • First Name (Displayed): Mike
« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2012, 10:07:49 PM »
If I were in state I would love to help him get elected.
I drove 121k miles in the last year, I have multiple trucks to baby sit, when would you like me too do anything you mentioned?

I believe you missed my point though. You said 16 million people didn't bother to even mail in a absentee ballot, that to me is saying "i am taking my ball and going home"
I think it is great you are available to spend your time trying to change stuff, but at the same time not voting out a guaranteed problem because the other guy "might" not be good to me is contributing to the continuation of a sinking ship.
Point being, the primary showed people don't care so your attempt to "school" the party I highly doubt will matter.
I mean look at the last few elections the people they choose are getting worse, maybe they are trying to teach you a lesson?

One trucking company owner I spoke with last week said he has initiated a "idiot surcharge" to all states that voted democrat. Things are going to get ugly.

You are arguing with an echo, you can't win.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

I carry a gun because a Police Officer is too heavy.