Author Topic: 12 Year Old Girl Shoots Intruder  (Read 4083 times)

Offline yance

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Adam
12 Year Old Girl Shoots Intruder
« on: October 18, 2012, 01:24:47 PM »
This is exactly why you should teach your children firearms safety and how to properly use a firearm!

"Deputies say, the girl was home alone when a man she'd never seen before, rang the front doorbell. They say when no one answered the door, the man went around to the back of the house and kicked a door open. That's when authorities say, the girl grabbed a gun and hid in a bathroom closet.

He had worked his way all the way through the house and into the bathroom. And from what we understand, he was turning the doorknob when she fired through the door." Says Bryan County Under sheriff, Ken Golden."

http://www.kten.com/story/19848350/12-year-old-shoots-home-intruder

Offline TucTom

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Tom
Re: 12 Year Old Girl Shoots Intruder
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2012, 01:30:19 PM »
Heck yeah, my daughter was fully aware and proficient by that age. BTW now that she's turning 18 she has changed her mind a new car over a pistol. :'(

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
12 Year Old Girl Shoots Intruder
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2012, 01:35:37 PM »
Good stuff. Did you post it on Facebook?
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline yance

• MOC Member
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2012, 01:45:39 PM »
I put the previous article about the armed citizen posse on the FB page, I havent put this one up yet.

Offline bagz013

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2012, 01:46:42 PM »
Good story.

Hope the girl gets the proper therapy so she is not left with too many negative reactions to the shooting
Si vis pacem, para bellum
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it- Aristotle
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self- Ernest Hemingway

Offline yance

• MOC Member
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2012, 01:51:45 PM »
Its up on facebook.

I think if she gets proper reinforcement from her parents and her community she shouldnt have a problem handling doing what she did, I cant imagine anyone would have anything but praises for this girl for protecting herself.  It is something that I've never thought of though, how children like this young girl handle shooting an attacker.

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2012, 08:31:07 PM »
I read a different story about this.  In the other, it stated:

Jones was arrested in September 2011 for allegedly abducting a 17-year-old girl with a diminished mental capacity.

http://www.kxii.com/news/headlines/Twelve-year-old-Bryan-Co-girl-shoots-home-intruder--174678431.html