Author Topic: Meeting with Pro 2A politicians at Monroe County Community College 10/15/2012  (Read 5012 times)

Offline Ezerharden

• Former Secretary
  • MOC Regional Coordinator, Deputy
  • I don't dial 911
  • First Name (Displayed): Mike
Went to a meeting last night where some pro 2A politicians voiced thier positions on the 2nd Amendment and current/pending laws in Michigan. Here is the audio:

Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

I carry a gun because a Police Officer is too heavy.

Offline WilDChilD

Went to a meeting last night where some pro 2A politicians voiced thier positions on the 2nd Amendment and current/pending laws in Michigan. Here is the audio:

I dont really have 1.5 hours to listen, can you fill us in on the highlights?

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
Sayz video was removed for being too long...?
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline detroit_fan

• AmmoDump
  • 2 chairs, no waiting
  • First Name (Displayed): Jason
yeah it has been removed. hopefully you can get it back up, we had some good comments last night.

Q- we got to talk a lot with my State Rep Dale Zorn at the meeting, he fully supports SB59, but he sounded like it was not looking very good for the bill in the Senate. Hopefully we can work to change that.

Offline Ezerharden

• Former Secretary
  • MOC Regional Coordinator, Deputy
  • I don't dial 911
  • First Name (Displayed): Mike
Yea apparently You Tube has a 15 minute max video time. So here it is again in 7 parts, each part is between 10 and 15 minutes.

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

I carry a gun because a Police Officer is too heavy.

Offline Divegeek

• MOC Member
Dale Zorn is a pretty good guy. I used to go to church with he and his family. I wanted to make it to the meeting but I had just returned from a 3 day trip out of town and had too much to catch up on to go. :(

Offline detroit_fan

• AmmoDump
  • 2 chairs, no waiting
Dale Zorn is a pretty good guy. I used to go to church with he and his family. I wanted to make it to the meeting but I had just returned from a 3 day trip out of town and had too much to catch up on to go. :(

yes Dale is a great guy imo, and I have always been able to talk to him about issues. I talked to him before the vote on HB5225, and he told me he would vote for it, and even called me after the vote to discuss it and let me know he voted to pass it. He is a supporter of SB59 too, but said he doesn't know if they will allow it to be voted on, and said that several people are trying to amend it. The turnout out was beyond poor, I'd say less than 20 people showed up, but Congressman Walberg was there, along with his opponent Haskell, Dale Zorn, Larry Crider, Anne Rossio, Bill LaVoy(who seemed like someone I would not trust), Jill LaVoy, county commissioners, Dave Thompson(drain commissioner), and probably someone else I'm forgetting. It was a unique opportunity to talk to all of them 1 on 1, and I was very happy I was able to attend. You can hear most on the audio, but if you have any questions about any of the candidates let me know.

We were also assured the next one would not be in a GFZ, they said probably Cabellas