Author Topic: Waiting For The "Conservatives" To Die  (Read 14545 times)

Offline bagz013

Re: Waiting For The "Conservatives" To Die
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2012, 03:34:00 PM »
So I will ask you again, since you didn't answer last time: why do we need government involved to establish a marriage contract when they aren't involved in other contracts between two private natural persons?

ETA: my wife and I do have a pre-nup, because we don't think the government (to the extent possible) should interpret how to enforce or dissolve our contract we call "marriage".

I'm sorry but I thought I addressed that when I gave examples of the Gov being involved from the begining of a contract being formed whether we consciously understand it or not.

My point is this. We don't involve the Gov in the establishment of contracts but when they fail we expect the Gov to decern what is meant by the contract.
Marriage is a contract. When there are children involved and a man/woman go through a divorce, unless the woman is an inept as a mother, 95% of the time the children will go with the woman.

Man/man have a child. Marriage ends. Who gets the kid? Why does the court have to decide what to do when they were never consulted in the begining??

I don't want the Gov involved in as little of our everyday lives as possible. I don't like the idea of having to get the Gov approval for me to love someone.

However, our country was founded on morals/principles that our fathers took from the Bible. Homosexual marriage and relationships are strictly forbidden in the Bible. Therefore, if we want to turn a blind eye to homosexual marriage, should be then turn a blind eye to the rest of the moral/principles we get from the Bible?
That was the point of my first post.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it- Aristotle
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self- Ernest Hemingway

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2012, 04:29:46 PM »
Man/man have a child. Marriage ends. Who gets the kid?

That's easy.  The man does.   :P

Offline bagz013

« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2012, 05:02:32 PM »
That's easy.  The man does.   :P

Hahahahaa....good catch. I knew somebody would make a joke about it.

Which man? The slightly more effeminate one??
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it- Aristotle
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self- Ernest Hemingway

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
Waiting For The "Conservatives" To Die
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2012, 09:04:09 PM »
What's more, If you choose to follow the Bible for yourself that is fine and dandy. You have absolutely no right to force your religious views on to me and my life though. You have no right to use the government (an agency whose only tool is force) to support or endorse your beliefs or your way of life.
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline backenj

• First Name (Displayed): Jason
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2012, 09:12:40 PM »
What's more, If you choose to follow the Bible for yourself that is fine and dandy. You have absolutely no right to force your religious views on to me and my life though. You have no right to use the government (an agency whose only tool is force) to support or endorse your beliefs or your way of life.

+1 with infinite zeros

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2012, 11:16:21 AM »
Hahahahaa....good catch. I knew somebody would make a joke about it.

Which man? The slightly more effeminate one??

The one with the better lawyer.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline bagz013

« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2012, 01:39:06 PM »

And I 100% agree with that.

My question was, where do we drawn the line of allowing the Bible and religious beliefs to influence our Gov?

That is one question that no one has answered yet.......

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2012, 05:22:38 PM »
Bible thumping should be done on a street corner atop a platform. Not on a gun forum.

It's Q's fault. He started talking about gay marriage.   :P

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2012, 05:23:35 PM »
It's Q's fault. He started talking about gay marriage.   :P
Oh yeah. And he's the "Super duper moderator" too.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2012, 05:40:59 PM »
Oh yeah. And he's the "Super duper moderator" too.

Power corrupts.   :(