Author Topic: Open carry  (Read 5115 times)

Offline lars

• First Name (Displayed): lars
Open carry
« on: October 25, 2012, 06:18:06 PM »
I know this site is for Michigan open carry. But one thing I find confusing , Is that it is not for Michigan open carry really JIMO , Just adds open carry to cpl. Some can not afford the cpl yet and would like to open carry . And every thread seems to be more about open carry and having a cpl just in case. I understand there are many crazy laws between the 2 but kinda confuses people to think this is for just Michigan open carry. It should be I have a cpl and I open carry in Michigan.  And dont take this bad , but there should be more threads for just Open carry with no CPL, for members like myself that are not able to get the CPL yet just throwing something out there.  PS. Don't trash me to bad just stating how I find it confusing lol.. I been reading for many months trying to pack it all in with others experiences but need to pack in the open carry laws before cpl .  Thanks

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
Re: Open carry
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2012, 06:26:46 PM »
It may seem that there is a lot of discussion about OC with a CPL vs w/o one. But it is not intentional. Anyone that has had experiences or needs information about OC w/o a CPL is highly encouraged to ask questions and post about their experiences.

Do you have any questions?
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2012, 06:32:54 PM »
If you've read our laws or the forum, you know why we strongly encourage getting a CPL if you open carry. You can't carry inside your car or anyplace that has a liquor license if you don't. That cuts out more than half the places most people go to (most stores and restaurants), and a pistol in your trunk isn't of much use while driving.

Offline lars

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2012, 06:35:20 PM »
I have never left the property yet lol. I have the brochure and been reading everything almost every day. I dont want to come across as a basher at all ,just trying to get enough open carry info,  so I can be more informed and that is why i picked this site:)

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2012, 06:37:03 PM »
I have never left the property yet lol. I have the brochure and been reading everything almost every day. I dont want to come across as a basher at all ,just trying to get enough open carry info,  so I can be more informed and that is why i picked this site:)

Attend one of our MOC Open Carry Seminars for even more information.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline lars

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2012, 06:42:28 PM »
If you've read our laws or the forum, you know why we strongly encourage getting a CPL if you open carry. You can't carry inside your car or anyplace that has a liquor license if you don't. That cuts out more than half the places most people go to (most stores and restaurants), and a pistol in your trunk isn't of much use while driving.
[/quote 

I agree for sure!!  I have a truck and as I seen I can put the wep behind the seat in my case and have clip in the glove compartment. I have an Ok from a party store owner to open carry at his store if I wanted. But I know a cpl just makes it much better . But It seems like the open carry in Michigan is just noway to be able to really besides walking down the street. SO why have the law just have cpl lol. If you get what i mean then why we have open carry unless it just dates back to the old day.

Offline lars

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2012, 06:44:10 PM »
Attend one of our MOC Open Carry Seminars for even more information.

Was thinking of that for sure , or outing one day

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2012, 08:37:12 PM »
SO why have the law just have cpl lol. If you get what i mean then why we have open carry

Yep, I understand your question.  The answer is because there is no open carry law.  The law is silent on open carry, therefore it is legal.  Michigan law states you must have a license to conceal carry a pistol, whereas in other states such as Indiana their law states you must have a license to carry a pistol, period.

Offline lars

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2012, 04:16:10 PM »
Yep, I understand your question.  The answer is because there is no open carry law.  The law is silent on open carry, therefore it is legal.  Michigan law states you must have a license to conceal carry a pistol, whereas in other states such as Indiana their law states you must have a license to carry a pistol, period.

Thanks it makes more sense now. Thanks much