General Category > Announcements

MOC vs CADL...MOC wins on appeal!

<< < (4/5) > >>

zigziggityzoo:

--- Quote from: CV67PAT on October 26, 2012, 03:50:42 PM ---I see a lot more here than just the affect on "authorities" from 2 units of government. They addressed the whole "field" of pre-emption as it applies to quasi-local municipal corporations. It looks like school boards and districts may also be affected by this ruling.

To all that assisted in the defense of MOC...

BRAVO ZULU

--- End quote ---

"Occupation of the field" doctrine is more than just school districts.

It's everything under the state. That includes universities, community college districts, school districts, intermediate school districts, you name it.

I'm sure it'll take another lawsuit to prove this to, say, the University of Michigan, who still has a 60-day misdemeanor on the books for weapons/firearm possession.

CV67PAT:

--- Quote from: zigziggityzoo on October 26, 2012, 06:31:53 PM ---"Occupation of the field" doctrine is more than just school districts.

It's everything under the state. That includes universities, community college districts, school districts, intermediate school districts, you name it.

I'm sure it'll take another lawsuit to prove this to, say, the University of Michigan, who still has a 60-day misdemeanor on the books for weapons/firearm possession.

--- End quote ---

I agree zzz. MCRGO v Ferndale already made it abundantly clear, but that didn't stop some legislating from the bench here.

gryphon:
What is interesting is if anyone gets jammed up for OCing in a CC-free zone, entire paragraphs from Gleicher's dissenting opinion could be lifted verbatim as defense and a pre-emptive strike against judges like Aquilina who would state that being able to OC in a CC-free zone makes no sense, and necessarily and obviously must be unlawful.

sircapsalot:
Great win for ALL of us!

onnie0047@gmail.com:

--- Quote from: sircapsalot on October 26, 2012, 08:55:49 PM ---Great win for ALL of us!

--- End quote ---
Indeed! :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version